Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am looking for a tank and tail bag. Going to do some long weekenders this year and am looking for some reviews.

Post you tank and tail bag reviews here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nelson Rigg makes some GREAT stuff. Very rugged construction, zippers that could survive a nuclear explosion, and very reasonably priced. I found a great deal at www.gforcecycles.com on ther expandable tail bag.

I also got the MG950 magnetic tank bag, which is just as tough, but a little small for longer hauls. I can still fit a spare helmet visor in it though, which is nice if I'm gonna be out after dark.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump....

Kkeep'n this at the top so I can get some more info.

I also want to know about confort of the tank bag for laying on, to relieve the arms on a long ride.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I also am thinking ofa decent tank bag of some sort. I like taking long rides and finding nice new roads, i often keep finding better roads the farther i get from home :roll:

Also wanting to do some traveling on the bike for fun.

·
Registered
836 Posts
As far as quality, the Oxford stuff is hard to beat.

I would stay away from the magnetic stuff. Unless you are obsessive about cleaning the tank and the bottom of the bag... you WILL scratch up your tank. I have had several magnetic tank bags, and I have scratched every bike I have owned thinking I would be more carefull each time. And they are heavy as **** to carry around.

I would go with the Oxford hump-pack bag. It is convertable from a tankbag to a tail-pack.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
yeah, i didnt even think about that, but wouldnt go that route anyways. I had a magnetic tank protector on my F3 when i got it and i never could get the scratches off the tank from it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i'v got a silver oxford tankbag. perfect bag, can't find a single fault with it. i always use it when i go to watch a race and it doubles as a rucksack

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'v often wondered about magnetic tank accessories scratching the tank. I've seen plenty of non-magnetic bags with neoprene bottoms to protect the tank, but I've yet to see a magnetic one with this material... it seems simple enough to just install a thin piece of neoprene under the magnet. I wonder if I could fashion something to sew over the magnets on my tank bag without compromizing the grip of the magnets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have the joe rocket 2 layer tank bag and LOVE it. you can have it small or enourmous. problem is...dunno if it is from the bag or not, but i have a few REALLY deep scratches in my baby now...and im not too happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts