Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a tankbag? Are there any out there that look decent on the R6 or is there something else out that you can put on your bike to put stuff in. really i would just use it to put a lunch in when riding to work.
Any Ideas? Pics? Sites?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the nelson rigg mg-950 I believe. Magnetic. I saw the pic on someone elses r6 and it seemed to look good enough. Since I have it now, I love it. Perfect size. Not too bulky for when I am cruising through the twisties, yet probably big enough to hold your lunch. Picked it up from kneedraggers.com. Again, I love it. Also fits the r6 perfectly. Hope that is helpful. It would be a couple of days before I could get pics of it on my 6 if needed.

G

·
I havent seen a tank bag that i think looks good on any sportbike but than again i have only seen three or four. Welcome to the forum tweakeraz.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll be back home tomorrow evening so I will try then. It will be first time posting pics so I made need help or suggestions.

Again, all the tankbags I found were way too big and hindered riding the twisties or mounted in some awkward way. So far this bag has met all needs. Things that I have had in it all at once...Spare Visor, Sony Digital Camera(707/not small),3 cell phones(part of job), multitool, wallet, another small digicam(Canon Elph), small bottle of water, 2 magazines.I am sure that I had a bit more, but I can not remember it all. I would expand it to store my gloves when off the bike. Expansion is not hige but definitely sufficient. This bag is not huge at all, but does its job well. I used it like above for a recent trip 2000+ mile trip...on mr R6. I will also be receiving an Oxford Sports Deluxe Tailbag on Tuesday for my trip from AZ to Sacramento then to Laguna Seca for Superbike races and then back. If I have time before I leave, I will post picks of that.

http://www.lockitt.com/OXlug2004Tailpic.htm

My biggest problem in buying misc. stuff and luggage is that no one has good pics of it on our bikes.
I

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here are the pics. Hope this helps. First 3 are bag moutned to bike not expanded. 4th pic is contents in bag not expanded. 5th pic is contents in bag expanded. Could probably get a little more in there, but I didn't want to stuff it too tight. Pics 6 and 7 are expanded bag on bike. The bag does function well and honestly does not look bad at all on the bike. These pics do not do it justice. I tried 3 marsee's before I got this. Best part is this one did not break the bank.

[/img]http://damnnet.com/images/Tankbag_003.jpg
http://damnnet.com/images/Tankbag_004.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Did I spy a CBR F1 in that second pic? That was my first bike, I had a tank bag for it too. But the bag got stolen(luckily not the bike) when my garage got boken into, i've been thinking about getting another for the 6, how much was that one?

·
Registered
67 Posts
ok. Now I am excited. I figured this out.

2 Cameras, 3 magazines, 1 map, 2 cell phones, 1 camera lense, 1 bottle of purell, 1 small bottle of mountain dew, 1 rag, 1 leatherman multitool, 1 tire guage, 1 pack of handwarmers, 1 pack of mint strips, 1 visor and bag, 1 carbon kickstand plate and bag, and 1 wallet.

With bag expanded, I added my Held gloves and Deal's Gap hat.

Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
r6baoter, yeah that is I believe an 89 cbr 600. It belonged to my buddy in cali. He just upgraded to a duc 748. I had my co worker buy it from him and I went and picked it up. Paid 1500 for it. Can't go wrong for that price. Has 50,000 miles and has had better days, but the thing runs like a champ still. Definitely can hold its own.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i got mine for only $750 it didn't have fairings though. I got it from a buddy's dad who bought it from a guy who needed money quick. He didn't like the bike (to big a belly) so just sold it for what he had in it. I gave mine to my dad for fathers day this year, he loves it, and yes, it can hold its own. we where both tearing it up at about 130 a few weeks ago. that old man can ride. But back to the subject at hand, how much was your tank bag?

·
Registered
67 Posts
it was about 50 through kneedraggers. I think going rate is 43 to 50 depending on where you look. I was getting raingear through them at the same time so it was convenient. After shipping and all, they all come out to about the same thing. It also comes with a rain cover. On my past trip I used it in the rain without the cover and had no problem. Map pocket picked up a little moisture, but no big deal. I had the cover, but was just a little lazy and preoccupied with just getting to my destination and out of the rain. Also comes with a carrying strap. Keep that with you at all times. If you have to carry your bag around, it is nice to be able to put it on your shoulder instead of holding it with your hands the whole time.

It mounts perfectly. Just need to pay attention to putting it on because the magnets grab really well.

·
Registered
586 Posts
sweet, thanks, i'll def check them out. I loved having a bag for quick trips to the store and bring stuff to and from work, thanks again.
kurt

·
Registered
67 Posts
No problem. Glad I could help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts