Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was curious if you guys can tell me what camcorder you use to record videos while you're riding? i currently have a Sony HD-SR11 but since it has so many built in "auto" functions, it would go into "Buffering Overload" since it can't change its setting fast enough to process the images while i'm riding. therefore i'm looking for a cheaper camcorder that doesn't have a lot of features that can record while i'm riding.

please let me know what brand and model you are using and how it saves the video (built in hard drive or record to disc etc.)

thanks.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I currently have an Aiptek (Walgreens super-cheapo) that should work out fine. It records to an SD card. I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet, but maybe I'll remember to do it tomorrow. I've had a tank mount for the camera since before my last bike got stolen, but I just never gopt around to trying it out...

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i want to use my sony mini dv. its a pretty small camera, and i have my mac book pro, with an extrenal hard drive. all the mini dv's get saved to the extenal in raw form (prob is its about 13gb an hour in raw format). i want to get a mount for my bike but haven't gotten around to look for one. a nice and small HD cam that records to a card would be sweet.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts

·
Super MOD
4,915 Posts
i have Canon Elura 100. got 3 years ago or so. works pretty good. quality pretty good. depends how you upload it into whatever editing program ur using for how many frames a second and what not. internet quality videos are kinda hard. kinda find good sites to host from.

here's a video me and buddies made last year, some is from digital camera video in the beginning. the tank cam is from my bike, except for a couple parts my buddy used is camera on his kawi

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3064665287295846167

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CASHMONEYFLO... very nice video there. boy how i miss the nice rural roads over there in PA....

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
yeah i like the roads around my area,a lot of fun
sick video!!!! :YEA

i've never really traveled through lancaster county, i live in upper bucks, below leigh high county. not too many great roads my way, but i looked like you a a few sweet roads out there. if you don't mind hooking me up with a few roads to try running, that would be sweet. thanks bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts