Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my tank pad and went through all kinds of hassle to make sure it was as straight as can be. Finally got it on...... Happy. The next day I go out and look at it. Don't know what was wrong with me the night before when I installed it, cause it's not straight. It's close, but its not perfect. Not too terribly noticeable, couple of guys at work didn't even notice it till I pointed it out. But, it's still bugging the crap out of me.

Do I try to take it off and fix it? If I take it off, will I even be able to put it back on? Or should I just leave it and see how much it bothers me? Suggestions? Advice? Should I take some pictures? Let me know what you would do if it was your bike.

BTW, I got the carbon GYTR and just installed the center section

·
USC
552 Posts
i hate it when little shit bothers me. if it bothers me ill take care of business.
if i cant fix it. ill find a way. if i cant find a way ill make one.

it depends how much it bothers u lol
take some pics! :toocool:

·
Registered
324 Posts
if it bothers u fix it! if it wont ****ing stick back on meh buy another they are only like 10$. Use a heat gun it will be your best friend!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yeah I know how you feel man. I'm already on my 2nd tank pad. I took a long time getting it on because if it was even a hair off it would bug me forever. I finally got mine on straight but now its wanting to peel up. I'm not sure what to do. Might have to go for #3. :(

·
To the Bat Cave!
4,113 Posts
So I installed my tank pad and went through all kinds of hassle to make sure it was as straight as can be. Finally got it on...... Happy. The next day I go out and look at it. Don't know what was wrong with me the night before when I installed it, cause it's not straight. It's close, but its not perfect. Not too terribly noticeable, couple of guys at work didn't even notice it till I pointed it out. But, it's still bugging the crap out of me.

Do I try to take it off and fix it? If I take it off, will I even be able to put it back on? Or should I just leave it and see how much it bothers me? Suggestions? Advice? Should I take some pictures? Let me know what you would do if it was your bike.

BTW, I got the carbon GYTR and just installed the center section
Yo dude, I have the same one. Use a hairblow dryer to heat the adhesive and then pull it off. Believe me, I lost some of the stickiness when I pulled mine back off after a few seconds. The shit is fooking good, and once attached, extremely hard to remove.

Just heat it up for a bit and remove it bit by bit. I wouldn't foresee you having a problem readjusting it, but I don't know. Especially since they cost around $40 bucks.

However, even with the small bits missing, it doesn't hinder it in the least since all the other parts keep it on.

Me personally, I'm anal about those things, so I'd probably readjust it. Lol. Otherwise I'd stare at it constantly.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
if it was me i'd take it off...stuff like that bothers me to no end. If somethin is crooked, i'll straiten it. If somethin wobbles (such as my mirror, long story) i'll either get a new set of mirrors or some block offs!

Some of those little things are the biggest things you notice...

·
Is my R6 cool like Phils?
297 Posts
cant stand when that sht happens! hah if i were you just like everyone else i would redo it

dont know any special ways to remove but the hairdryer approach sounds good... i had one on my 02 and it was maybe a hair line off and i couldnt stop noticing it, but didnt feel like buying another one so i left it and bought a new bike:nocontrol:YEA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts