Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
My R6 is my best friend.
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a tank pad and stuck it on myself. I was more worried about cleaning the bike and making sure that the pad was centered and level on the tank that i must have bumped the sticky part of the pad onto something because one of the branches off of the pad is not sticky and seems to peel up after 5 mins of me pushing it down. What can i use to permanently keep it down but that wont hurt my paint in the event that i feel the need to remove the pad altogether?

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
mine has been on and off the bike about 10 times. I jsut rince it with really hot water, not boiling but hot from the tap water and when it dries its always sticky again
try that maybe

·
/2ºº§T
215 Posts
Take it off and throw it in the garbage. Go here and order up a kit. Here are some pics. It offers much better protection. Also you can take the tank pad off and put it back on. Its not adhesive.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I already went through 1 tank pad. It kept coming up. I went with Progrip and it came up a couple times. I used a blow dryer to re-heat it and melt the adhesive and then I let it cool and it hasn't came back up. :cool:

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
If what i suggested dosent work, i have a new pro-grip in the package if you want it
pm me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts