Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Curve Connaisseur
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 r6 raven, and i'm looking to pick up something to protect the tank from all the rubbin:hump, just looking for something plain back without all the "cheezy" graffics and stuff. Anyone have anything? pics? point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a small Pro Grip clear one on mine and it looks good and doesnt stand out. I got it at cycle gear and they had the clear and carbon fiber. Here is a pic...

·
Ridn' Drty
575 Posts
Black carbon fiber look on mine but progrip non the less due to the only thing thats on it is their name. Real clean look

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
The carbon one from ProGrip is amazing. It blends in with my raven nicely. Whatever you do, get the large one. I got the small one like Bullitt4110 posted (but in carbon) and I still get some scratching around the bottom of the pad. Do now I get to go spend another $20 to get the longer one.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i picked mine up from these guys. there a little expensive but i like what they offer. im fairly certian i got TY006KS i have an 07 red.
Motografix

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
heres mine. very plain. I have a similar one, new in the package if you want it... PM me

·
Registered
322 Posts
just put your belt buckle to the side where it is out of the way
Ive seen jeans cause the swearl marks so bad that it look like someone to sand paper to the tank. And it took a lot of work to buff it out too. its extra protection.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
just put your belt buckle to the side where it is out of the way
Only Squids have to worry about belt buckles. :fact Zippers can scratch also. And even if there is nothing hard to scratch the bike, your clothing will eventually leave abrasion marks. I had marks on mine in less than 500 miles.

·
Ridn' Drty
575 Posts
The newer tanks must be longer that the earlier models, the small tank pad fits nicely on my 03. I dont get any scratching below the pad

·
Curve Connaisseur
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i never wear a belt, i'm always in the one piece, my tank gets abused when i'm out tearing up the twistys...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Only Squids have to worry about belt buckles. :fact Zippers can scratch also. And even if there is nothing hard to scratch the bike, your clothing will eventually leave abrasion marks. I had marks on mine in less than 500 miles.
yeah no shit, im not stupid, and not a squid..just because i dont post on here like crazy doesnt mean i cant ride a bike through some twisties..and my tanks fine:321

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
yeah no shit, im not stupid, and not a squid..just because i dont post on here like crazy doesnt mean i cant ride a bike through some twisties..and my tanks fine:321
Settle down buddy, it was a joke. I wasn't picking on you.

My tank had marks on it from my motorcycle pants in less than 500 miles, so I guess it just depends on the way you ride. I'd go with the longer one just to be safe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Never had a tank pad...4000 miles later not a single scratch...knocking on wood now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts