Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so who here has a tank pad on their bike? I don't think my pants or jacket will ever actually scratch my gas tank but I've been thinking about getting one of these just in case. Did most of you who have them get them online or from a local dealer? I haven't checked the local dealers around here to see if they have any so I was just curious what you may have paid. If anyone happens to have a picture of theirs, post if you can.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
here is mine. Has the gel pads in it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have one on my bike and love it. It is there because i wear a belt all the time and dont want it to scratch the tank. Besides protection, i think it looks awesome. I picked it up off ebay for like 15 or so dollars. Its a carbon fiber pad on a blue 6.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah ebay... thats another option I haven't considered yet. :twisted: I know there is a website somewhere that has some really nice ones, but they are $30. For some reason I can't see paying that much for a tank pad.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had an LP racing CF tank pad on mine, but it started peeling off. It's just too damn hot down here, the thing wouldn't stick. Has anyone had this problem?? Today it was like 113 deg

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Dvs1 Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an LP racing CF tank pad on mine, but it started peeling off. It's just too damn hot down here, the thing wouldn't stick. Has anyone had this problem?? Today it was like 113 deg
Damn thats hot as hell compare to where i live. Its in the upper 40's

·
Registered
282 Posts
RedRocket said:
I think that clear is one of the best options when it comes to a tank pad. Looks good on the red tank.
yeah but the only thing is that you gotta take your time putting on the cleat ones though. If not you will have air bubble underneath, and it looks terrible. My friend put on on his black gsxr and he left air bubbles under it. So now he is opting for a chrome one.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a particular way anyone would put on a tank pad to avoid bubbles? I would imagine that if you go slow enough you should be able to do a fairly clean job. But then of course, there is always the carbon fiber option. Hmm... clear or carbon fiber. :pimp

·
Registered
524 Posts
RedRocket said:
Is there a particular way anyone would put on a tank pad to avoid bubbles? I would imagine that if you go slow enough you should be able to do a fairly clean job. But then of course, there is always the carbon fiber option. Hmm... clear or carbon fiber. :pimp
Mine has almost no bubbles. I put it on on a hot day and just took my time to smooth the bubbles out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts