Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
yep...it actually is just there to protect your tank from getting scratched up by your belt buckle, or your zippers, or your pants buttons...etc.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ditto to what jasamb said, and also if you get the kinda soft gel kinda pad it will help hold you on the bike a little bit. not much but it might be enough that one time u need it

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess if I find one that I like and it will match my bike I will get one, but it is not on the top of my list.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
drhodes said:
I guess if I find one that I like and it will match my bike I will get one, but it is not on the top of my list.

Thanks for the input guys.
i would actually recommend gettin one, cause it will also keep the paint from gettin worn down, my buddy didnt have one on his 600rr for about 5 months and his paint was startin to look like the gloss had been taken off. so it really is a good investment for the price u pay for it :cheers

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I have one of the clear ones, that barely show up if you get them put on good, with no air bubbles. Only a few bucks, and well worth the cost of repainting a tank!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Only takes one belt buckle to rub that tank and you will wish you had it on there... Harris produces some that have different bike logos and colors... good luck.... :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i got a harris and i would greatly suggest you get a tank pad if you are planning on riding cuz the first time your belt buckle or jacket zipper or whatever takes a chunk out of that tank you are going to be one pissed off hombre. its a little investment that saves a lot of money in the long if you are planning on riding a lot or even at all....just my 50 cents

·
Registered
318 Posts
if i get one AT ALL it will be a clear one... who knows it i will get one though

·
Registered
886 Posts
if you get the clear be carefull when you put it on i have one on and took me two to finally get it on there with no air bubbles apin in theass :cuss

·
Registered
43 Posts
i heard the clear ones turn yellow, so i went with a pro-grip carbon fiber pad, the thin kind, and i love it. it's worth the investment, like everyone said. i had a pain in the ass, getting it on straight. :cuss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts