Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
These are the only Tank Sliders I’ve seen, but I haven’t looked that hard either. They are $120.00 so a little more than a good set of frame sliders. I like them since they have the Yamaha emblem on them. I’m sure you could have them painted to match.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
I like their disclaimer:
WARNING!!! BY REMOVING THIS LABEL AND USING THE TRAXXION DYNAMICS R-6 GAS TANK SLIDER, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE POSSIBILIY ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY EXISTS THAT YOUR BIKE WILL CRASH, BURST INTO FLAMES, BURN TO THE GROUND, SOAK YOU WITH FUEL, LIGHT YOU ON FIRE, AND BURN YOU UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD. YOU ADMIT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR GAS TANK AND SLIDER WILL BE CRUSHED AND DAMAGED AND BOTH WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED IF YOU CRASH ON THEM. YOU AGREE TO HOLD TRAXXION DYNAMICS INC, HARMLESS FOR ANY DEATH OR INJURY THAT RESULTS FROM USING THIS PRODUCT.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
how do those things attach? i've been saving for a full "race set up" body "kit" and was trying to figure out whether or not to get a banged up tank or just risk it. this seems like it might be a middle ground. (but i don't wanna leave em on all the time... i don't think)

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i think i would invest in these for a track day.i believe the main reason people are using these is to minimize the risk of your bike going up in flames.

·
Get on it
321 Posts
they are held on my double sided 3m tape. they are ugly but it looks better than a bike on fire.
they do look better than the other ones i saw on a forum. they almost covered the whole whole tank.
i got a good laugh out of there disclaimer when i saw it the other day.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The traxxions are good. They saved my bike once already at the track.

The ETI sliders offer more coverage but the install requires a little more work and some paint.

I'm putting another set of traxxions on my new tank.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I believe they are to keep the tank from puncturing and catching the bike on fire, not actually saving the tank from damage

·
my R6 ate a bus
1,010 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
from the traxxion website :lmao

WARNING!!! BY REMOVING THIS LABEL AND USING THE TRAXXION DYNAMICS R-6 GAS TANK SLIDER, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE POSSIBILIY ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY EXISTS THAT YOUR BIKE WILL CRASH, BURST INTO FLAMES, BURN TO THE GROUND, SOAK YOU WITH FUEL, LIGHT YOU ON FIRE, AND BURN YOU UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD. YOU ADMIT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR GAS TANK AND SLIDER WILL BE CRUSHED AND DAMAGED AND BOTH WILL HAVE TO BE REPLACED IF YOU CRASH ON THEM. YOU AGREE TO HOLD TRAXXION DYNAMICS INC, HARMLESS FOR ANY DEATH OR INJURY THAT RESULTS FROM USING THIS PRODUCT.

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
from the traxxion website :lmao

I pretty much posted that on the first page a few days ago...

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
wanna fight? :swordfigh

haha j/k, i lose :dunce:

u'll be happy to know i just purchased my paint for the 50th scheme and i plan on starting after my track day this weekend :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts