Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just started breaking in my new bike after not having ridden a 600 in over a year. i used to have a zx6r. ive got about 260 miles on my 07 r6.

my questions is do tar snakes always mess with ur traction so much? i never remember them being so annoying when i had my other bike. could it be that my tires arent broken in yet? ive been warming them up pryor to taking a spirited run on my favorite road. im wondering if maybe since my year off maybe they put down a crapload of tar snakes, because i really dont remember if this road had them or not. all i know is that ive been skwerming all over the place and its not normal. what do you guys think?

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
They make my bike squirm. I just try to pick a line that avoids most of them and if I feel the bike sliding on one just keep the throttle steady because you will only move an inch or so and regain traction.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what ive been trying to do. this one road i go on must have never had that many snakes before cause i never remember getting that outa wack. o well guess ill have to find another road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the strips are only a couple inches wide. you won't slip far, and if you don't let it scare you, it's more likely that nothing will happen. there are tar strips on one of the track i race...i try to avoid them, but when i hit them and slide a little, it's usually not a major event. also, check your tire pressure if you notice a big difference between your zx and your r6.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive been trying to avoid them. its just sketchy when leaned over and you hit one. ive been keeping my tire pressure at like 30 psi front 32psi rear cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts