Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Targa rear seat cowl for my 06. It fits pretty well, but the bracket is only held onto the cowl with double stick tape and silicone. It has come apart once, and is now loose. I really dont like it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the Targa rear seat cowl for my 06. It fits pretty well, but the bracket is only held onto the cowl with double stick tape and silicone. It has come apart once, and is now loose. I really dont like it.
Is this true for the 03-05 as well. Thats pretty gay if it is b/c once the tape drys up then the whole cowl can just flip off.

I almost bought it but thought I'd do the research before I buy it. I don't like the look of the Yamaha one.

·
Gixxer what ?
372 Posts
i dont think they do, oh man if they did i would buy it now !!!

·
Do work son!
558 Posts
Is this true for the 03-05 as well. Thats pretty gay if it is b/c once the tape drys up then the whole cowl can just flip off.

I almost bought it but thought I'd do the research before I buy it. I don't like the look of the Yamaha one.
I have a targa on my 03 and it has metal brackets that screw into the seat cover, not sticky tape! fit is good I bought mine unpainted since i did a custom paint job so i cant tell u how there paint is.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a targa on my 03 and it has metal brackets that screw into the seat cover, not sticky tape! fit is good I bought mine unpainted since i did a custom paint job so i cant tell u how there paint is.
Well I'm gonna call Targa and find out. I called one time and the lady said that there is tape that holds it together, but she worked at the front desk and she didn't seem too confident about it. Now that I see how it looks on your bike, I'm gonna have to buy it for sure, as long as it is constructed well, not using double sided tape.

How does it fit? Is it easy to put on and take off? The problem with the Yamaha one is that I have to push it forward for it to lock properly. Its almost fallen off a couple of times. Plus I hate that stupid rubber piece.

·
Do work son!
558 Posts
Well I'm gonna call Targa and find out. I called one time and the lady said that there is tape that holds it together, but she worked at the front desk and she didn't seem too confident about it. Now that I see how it looks on your bike, I'm gonna have to buy it for sure, as long as it is constructed well, not using double sided tape.

How does it fit? Is it easy to put on and take off? The problem with the Yamaha one is that I have to push it forward for it to lock properly. Its almost fallen off a couple of times. Plus I hate that stupid rubber piece.
The fit is pretty good. Its hard to compare to OEM since i never had a oem one. It goes on easy and comes off easy.You can adjust the brackets to get the best fit for u. I could take pics of what mine looks like on and off the bike if u would like.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The fit is pretty good. Its hard to compare to OEM since i never had a oem one. It goes on easy and comes off easy.You can adjust the brackets to get the best fit for u. I could take pics of what mine looks like on and off the bike if u would like.
That would be awesome bro. Can you do me a favor and take pics of the inside as well. I want to see what you mean by the screws and not the tape. Thanks again.

·
Do work son!
558 Posts
Here u go ENJOY!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

It also came with a thin black foam pad for the front where my puig sticker is. I didnt put that on.
:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
SOLD! Once I confirm with Targa that the painted ones are screwed together then I'm definately buying one. Waaaay cleaner look compared to OEM one. Nice bike by the way. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a Targa on my 600RR and the "red" color was a very close match to my bike. Not exactly perfect, but I'm a very picky person when it comes to things like this and I was pleased.

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
The 08's are different. There's a weird black rubber piece on the top.

Im just going to go with a race back plastic and get it painted. Its almost the same price, it will look cleaner and it will weigh less.

Damn that 6 is clean.. Great job!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts