Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kennesaw, Georgia, (October 13, 2010) – The Road Atlanta WERA GNF Finals held October 7-10 finalized Team Zyvax Racings’ dreams of winning two class championships along with the overall endurance crown. Considering the high level of competition, winning at GNF was not an easy task. That didn't stop the entire team of riders, crew and support staff from going into the event with high expectations for their team. When the day’s racing was said and done, Team Zyvax / Graves Motorsports’ Yamaha R1 won the Endurance Class Overall Championship and the Heavy Weight Championship. Coming in a close second place was the Team Zyvax / Graves Motorsports Yamaha R6, taking the win in the Medium Weight Endurance class and second place Overall.

Despite an off track excursion resulting in an unplanned pit stop, the team’s R6 came in first place in class and third overall in the race. The Graves Motorsports built R6 ran such an impressive season that it came down to the final race to decide the overall championship against the larger capacity R1. The R6’s sharp edge handling along with perfectly choreographed pit stops allowed it to stay within one lap of the second place liter bike despite the tire setback. “Like true professionals we performed exceptionally,” commented team owner JB Layman, “I think the R6 would have been in second place overall if not for that bent wheel.” Team Zyvax riders Clinton Seller and guest rider Tommy Aquino each put in incredible rides and overcame the entire field save their Zyvax teammates on the R1 and an outside 1000c effort. Aquino reveled in the endurance opportunity and again proved his talent during the race. “I had a great time on the Zyvax endurance bike,” said Aquino, “The 1000s were too quick to stay with at Road Atlanta but I did my best to keep us in the hunt. I’d like to thank JB Layman and Chuck Graves for the opportunity!”

Despite the Yamaha R6’s speed and agility, Road Atlanta’s straights and fast, flowing corners allowed the Yamaha R1 to really stretch its powerful legs. Friday’s four hour endurance race saw the Team Zyvax / Graves Motorsports Yamaha R1 being piloted by a trio of proven riders. Jason Disalvo started the race and set the stage for the day, positioning the Zyvax heavyweight machine to lead from start to finish. Team rider Chris Clark along with guest rider Josh Herrin from Team Graves Yamaha put in notable rides on the R1 to seal the deal the overall and class win for the day and the year. Though Herrin lacked R1 seat time unlike Disalvo and Clark, he quickly acclimated himself to the big bike and got to work putting in fast laps. “I had fun and was really comfortable after seat time,” said Herrin of the opportunity, “I’d like to thank JB Layman and the entire Zyvax team, Chuck Graves and Keith McCarty.”

Chuck Graves couldn’t have been more pleased with the results. “I’m extremely happy for Team Zyvax and all the crew and riders that worked so hard all year in the pursuit of delivering the Middleweight, Heavyweight and the Overall championships aboard the Graves Motorsports supported Yamaha R1 and R6; this is a great accomplishment,” said Graves, “I’d like to thank all the WERA officials and competitors that participated in the series and made the championships possible.”

=========================================

Team Zyvax is sponsored by Zyvax, Inc, Graves Motorsports and Dunlop. www.teamzyvax.com

Graves Motorsports is a leading motorcycle sport bike parts and accessories manufacturer. Graves Motorsports produces exhaust systems, fender eliminator kits, frame sliders, velocity stacks, engine case covers, engine performance and the leading resource for Dynojet Power Commander + accessories. Graves Motorsports has two locations: Van Nuys, California and Kennesaw, Georgia. www.gravesport.com

Photo Galleries:

Graves Motorsports: http://www.gravesport.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1289

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=223594&id=341473502220

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/gravesmotorsports/photos/albums/wera-2010-gnf-road-atlanta/1337381

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The is the first time we've seen Josh Herrin in race action aboard a Graves Motorsports built Yamaha R1.... Awesome weekend..

Riders includes Tommy Aquino, Scott Russel, Zach Herrin, Benny Solis, Jr., Clinton Seller and Jason Disalvo!

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts
Very cool pics! Damn! looks like a lot of fun...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts