Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Mod
1,292 Posts
Any leaks is the main part. Brake Pads, tire life, anything loose that can fly off, throttle return, and chain slack.

And really you should check it over yourself. You need to know your machine is top notch when you are out there. You dont want to be worrying about old brake pads or tires that might not be up to the job or a small oil leak that can get worse at any time. There are some seriously shitty looking bikes in the paddock, but I can assure you they dont leak and everything is either zip tied or safety wired into place.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
our guys check the throttle slack, brake, clutch, sliders (if applicable) for being installed securely, both pegs, shifter lever, rear brake pedal, and chain slack. they also look at your tires. and if you're in street body, they make sure things are taped up correctly, and then do a look-over at your lid to make sure it aint beat to crap. :laugh

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
our guys check the throttle slack, brake, clutch, sliders (if applicable) for being installed securely, both pegs, shifter lever, rear brake pedal, and chain slack. they also look at your tires. and if you're in street body, they make sure things are taped up correctly, and then do a look-over at your lid to make sure it aint beat to crap. :laugh
All this....

And make sure you have water-wetter or water for coolant.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Check the web site for the track day org.

None of the orgs I've run with in the SoCal area have required water-only for coolant.

If you're coming out to Auto Club, here's the stuff I remember Fastrack checking:
All your controls, pegs, sliders, fairings need to be working and well mounted. You need to have good tire tread. You're chain needs to be in good shape and have the proper amount of slack.

All lights, reflectors and wheel weights need to be taped up. Everyone forgets to do the wheel weights.

You need to have a 1 piece or 2 piece suit with full circumference zipper. You need to have a back protector. (Never been checked on the back protector.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts