Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 R6 with just under 3k miles. I had a low speed lowside and I have since repaired. It needed ignition engine case cover and gasket and som paint. However I have recently noticed that only three bolts on the clutch cover have a very slight seepage of oil. Now the clutch cover was not affected during the crash however thinking because it's so close to the ignition cover that the blow could have shifted it, or if others have had this problem. Ne Ideas are appreciated. Also the gas vent line on the side of the belly pan has always seemed to drip gas???? Ne one else had this problem. Replies are appreciated:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't take it to the dealers around here. Them monkeys caused 600 dollars worth of damage when they did and oil change. I did graduate from MMI as a Honda and yamaha technician but never followed up with it because I got a better paying job with better bennies and hours. And you know what they say You eventually start forgetting what you learn. But I actually was figuring the gas prob someone else would have had.:YEA

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
I won't take it to the dealers around here. Them monkeys caused 600 dollars worth of damage when they did and oil change. I did graduate from MMI as a Honda and yamaha technician but never followed up with it because I got a better paying job with better bennies and hours. And you know what they say You eventually start forgetting what you learn. But I actually was figuring the gas prob someone else would have had.:YEA
Understand the cost, if you can live with the leaks, F it then and ride it til it blows.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
fuel drips from the overflow is perfectly normal.
the oil leak could just be a bad gasket, provided there isnt any damage to the cover on that side, or it may just be a bit loose.

if u went to MMI, why would u pay to have an oil change done?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Because I figured the warranty and all. However I have done all my own work since then though trust me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus it looks good when you get dealer services when you go to sell the bike, which I am definately considering. And the gas should probably only come out the overflow with extreme heat temps or overfill, right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't. But my avatar is after put back together, as you can tell there is no yamaha graphics on the belly pan. The only damage left is the chunk taken out of the 2 bros exhaust

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
dude, for the fuel overflow, don't know what to tell you, depends on the circumstances of the occurance - yes it should overflow on overfill, but that's the only time I would expect drip, any other drips - don't know, maybe check hoses see that they are all properly fit, no cracks, drying etc.

But for the bolts leaking, that's an easy fix - drain your oil remove the cover, check the gasket (since you've got a leak the gasket has already lost integrity anyway), if thats the problem, drop the $10 or so to get a new one and some gasket maker and put it back on. Problem solved. It's possible that the shock of impact cracked or stressed the area around those particular bolts, causing the leak, get a new cover - or find away to restore the seal around the bolts.

It's a PITA but -- I'd rather go through the trouble for the day than ride around wondering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts