Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the 2pc or 1pc Teknic Chicane or Lightning style suit. The question is, does this suit have good ventilation or are you roasting out there midday?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, I have the Lightning jacket and Chicane pants, but I JUST bought them and I live in Indiana, so I can't give you a good answer on ventilation during summer. However, I will say that I have to wear long johns under the leathers in 50-55 degree temps or I freeze from wind chill. And that is with the zippered vents closed. The Lightning jackets have breathable fabric in areas where your body won't touch pavement, as well as the zippered vents.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok if not this style suit, what is everyone else wearing. Post the suit you wear....

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I don't have my suit "yet" due to money issues. But I'm planning on picking up a Teknic Violator 1-piece later this year when I have some extra cash.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, I used to wear an AGVSport two-piece, but the jacket was too small when I would wear a back protector. Since that suit was white/red/black and I bought a new blue R6, I just decided to go ahead and buy new leathers. Like I said in my first post, I ended up with Lightning jacket and Chicane pants. No pics to post though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2pc, Alpinestar Ben Bostrom Jacket and Alpinestar Track pants. Hot, yes, but I would rather sweat and rehydrate than have jeans on and pick gravel out. My 2cents

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am going to go with the AGV instead of the Teknic. Take the cow skin over the goat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts