Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded for a 2006 R6 a week ago. I noticed only one fan kicks on. I’ve hit 108°c at the highest temp so far but only 1 fan kicks on. Could this be a fuse issue or do I need to dig deeper?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your fuse blew neither fan would work. In my opinion you have a wiring issue or a bad fan. If you dont have an owners manual i suggest you get one and start doing some troubleshooting and maybe some of us on here can help you out.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Unplug the connector. Go into diag mode (see service manual linked above) and go to the diag number that tests the fans. Take a voltmeter and see if the wire harness is getting 12V when fans are on. If it is then you know you have a bad fan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also just picked up my first 07 R6 this week. I just noticed that the fans don't come on. I hit 196 @ idle.

At what temp should the fans kick on if they work?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I think its like 200 or 205. Check the service manual. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head and my ECU has been flashed so mine come on sooner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven’t had a chance to get into it yet but I know the bike was laid down on the left side and coincidentally, the left fan isn’t working. I’ll be peeling the plastic off after work today and doing a visual. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. I dug a little deeper this morning and found my left fan was seized. It broke free and started spinning by hand so hopefully it’ll work after I test it with a 12v direct source.

·
I beat my R6.
17 Posts
On the 2008+ models, the OEM fan setting kicks on at 214F and off at around 208F. I flashed mine to kick on at 206F and off at 196F so I wouldn't be roasting whenever I'd decide to ride on a hot day. The temps are really more of a personal preference if you're going lower than stock. I would definitely not recommend raising the temperature to turn the fans on higher than stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts