Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Track junkie wanna be
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used the searched function and got some of my answers, but the issue I keep running into is the fact no one put which one they went with. I searched youtube and got the same results.
Ok for those that have a Termi slip on which one did you go with? They offer 3 different db levels and I do not want the ones that have a 102Db rating. I just do not like a really, really loud pipe. Which leaves the other two for debate. I was leaning towards the one that is advertised as a 94db slip on. Then I was thinking it might be a better choice to go with the one advertised as 80db.

For those that have a mid pipe and the cats cut out which one did you go with and is it to loud?

Currently I have a 08 R6 with OEM headers, cats gutted/cut out, and a MJS mid hooked to a Leo Vince SBK (old version from a few years ago) and I like the sound of it and its not to loud for my taste. The only reason I am thinking about swapping out my slip on is because the Leo Vince is pretty dented up but still functional with no holes or leaks. Yes I do have a fuel management system and can tune it with autotune,

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
your current LV doesn't have the hole at the end for the quiet insert??
That would be the easiest way.

An SV got kicked off jennings on Monday for having a ~106 db system. I rode behind him a session and it did not seem loud at all. All the signs say 104 db currently. Guess next year its gona be 102

·
Track junkie wanna be
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not think I am no where near the 102db limit that Jennings has currently. I know when you sign up there is a little 102DB limit next to it.

It all ready has a quiet insert in it. My can is just banged up pretty bad, I had a get off at T1 at Jennings last year, and I have been tossing the idea of getting a new slip on, I have been trying to figure each slip ons rated db level and the Termi is the only ones I have found so far. Thats why I was asking.

Another option I have been throwing around in my head is just picking up a set OEM headers with the cat still in. I know some folks who run a mid and some sort of Hotbodies slash cut that does nothing to quiet it down and I can not stand how loud their bike is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.