Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bled and refilled my system but must have not noticed the tiny amount of DOT4 fluid that spilled and pooled around my reservoir bracket area. Took her out for a spin and walaa! Wind sheer sprayed the TINY amount of DOT4 fluid all over my windscreen. THANK GOD it didn't spray on any paint or my frame etc.

I love the OEM windscreen so before I go and purchase a new one, is there any product that you guys can think of that could possibly buff this ish out!?

Thanks!

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Ya don't say?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
So maybe they changed the labelling on brake fluid since the last time I bought some, because I distinctly remember it saying something like, "Hey Dumbshit, don't spill this on your paint or it will fcuk it up."

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So maybe they changed the labelling on brake fluid since the last time I bought some, because I distinctly remember it saying something like, "Hey Dumbshit, don't spill this on your paint or it will fcuk it up."
No shit Einstein. I've bled my system a bakers dozen times, and on numerous different bikes, with no issue. The amount of fluid, which was not even visible, must have trickled into a random crevice when screwing the res cap back on.

Thank you to who recommended blue magic! (The headlight cleaner...I have some at home and I'll try it out!:cheers)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
No shit Einstein. I've bled my system a bakers dozen times, and on numerous different bikes, with no issue. The amount of fluid, which was not even visible, must have trickled into a random crevice when screwing the res cap back on.

Thank you to who recommended blue magic! (The headlight cleaner...I have some at home and I'll try it out!:cheers)
Ive bled brakes on probably 50 bikes in my life, and Ive never managed to ruin anything. Ever. Not even once. Reminds me of something my shop teacher used to say..... You put shit in, you get shit out. Ponder that. Or don't. I give fcuks not. :laugh

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
To be honest I couldn't say for sure mine was from brake fluid. It's 3 tiny white dots though. That's what I get for working on shit so close to mine.

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Well I bled and refilled my system but must have not noticed the tiny amount of DOT4 fluid that spilled and pooled around my reservoir bracket area. Took her out for a spin and walaa! Wind sheer sprayed the TINY amount of DOT4 fluid all over my windscreen. THANK GOD it didn't spray on any paint or my frame etc.

I love the OEM windscreen so before I go and purchase a new one, is there any product that you guys can think of that could possibly buff this ish out!?

Thanks!

Hey, I don't know anything about cleaning that stuff off but I also liked the stock windscreen so I ordered the Puig clear windscreen that looks really similar to the stock one.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Or you could just get a clean stocker off fleabay for like $15

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yeah, my track bike has been yard saled a couple times now...:laugh

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
:stupic

You can tell it's the height of summer with the increase in stupid posts...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:stupic

You can tell it's the height of summer with the increase in stupid posts...
Enter Troll. I'm not interested in feeding you...back under the bridge you go;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and yes it is summer...but unlike the e-thug fan boys on this forum , I ride year round. Get some seat time and then we'll have more in common to talk about.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Some guys don't care about their bike. When I see a beat up dirty track bike it says to me they also don't put time in it's upkeep mechanically. 99% of the time im right. One bone head showed up at the trackday I helped tech inspect on a dirry busted up r6 we had to fail for 3 things. He didn't even have 2 qts of oil in it. We had to sell him one so it would show on the dipstick.

His forks wouldn't compress and his throttle wouldn't return. Amazing he thought it was a factory prepped machine by his attitude. Later on I was talking with the suspension guy and he said the rear shock is blown out. It had no rebound or compression damping.

So maintain your bike all you like. It shows you care about it appearance and ultimately its mechanically safe bike.

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Oh and yes it is summer...but unlike the e-thug fan boys on this forum , I ride year round. Get some seat time and then we'll have more in common to talk about.
Too bad he actually rides his R6, and by ride, I mean at the track unlike you where you probably just putt around town

1 - 20 of 45 Posts