Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I getting 0.5 ohm's on the primary and around 10.60 on the secondary bike r6 2000 year just need to be shore these are right just look over the net and getting all kinds of different answers thanks

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
My own experiences in searching for low-resistance coils specified by my service manual say that they're no longer available. All replacement coils will be high resistance. Using a spark gap tester to compare the low-resistance and available replacements I could see that the replacements would reliably fire at only a fraction of the gap of the low-resistance. This means much more frequent re-gap intervals for an already short interval on copper plugs. For those that like maintenance work that's fine but for a daily rider who favors seat-time this wasn't exceptable for me; so made other changes to offset what might otherwise be a re-gap with every other oil change.

·
Blue05R6
7 Posts
Hi I getting 0.5 ohm's on the primary and around 10.60 on the secondary bike r6 2000 year just need to be shore these are right just look over the net and getting all kinds of different answers thanks
Is there a reason you believe your ignition coil is bad? The primary looks a little high but I would think that would be ok. In my experience when one is still in spec but different than the others that will be a problem but if they are all the same spec should be ok. I got some cheap ones off Amazon from coil spec they have been decent and they give a warranty, they are quite different from what is in the manual. If they seem ok maybe you want to heat them up in an oven to operating temperature and test the resistance then. Somewhere on this forum there are links to the service manual for bikes which will give you the specs you need. Just search service manuals

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,457 Posts
What is the value shorting the leads? Cheap ass meters are not accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts