Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finaly decided to buy a bike and man am i glad i did. I purchased a Blue '05 R6 after cursing at the parking situation in college and havent looked back. I got it in January so I didn't get to ride for sometime but now im out on a pretty regular basis (took MSF during break). I had read on this site for quite sometime and finaly decided to join after my roomate woke me up one moring at about 4 AM (he had just come home) and preceded to tell me that my bike was laying on its side. Pretty shitty to wake up to especialy when i noticed the right peg snapped in half. Luckily the bike had a few goodies when i bought it including frame sliders which saved everything excpet the peg anf scratches on the right mirror. So other than that is has been great and looking forward to enjoying the summer with it though I plan on buying extended frame sliders and the ones that on the back (don't know what they are called). Alright that is long enough but I am avoiding writing my paper.

·
Registered
357 Posts
good luck with the bike and welcome to the site . try to keep it shiny side up form now on lol

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the bike going down. Post some pics! :D

·
Mezz
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Check out the local scene when you get the chance I know we have a TON of guy riding out of Texas and like TPayne said, post pics when ya can. Nothing more we like than oogling bikes, except maybe girls...or better yet girls on bikes but thats where Max comes in :nocontrol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live right by DFW airport but right now im in SC going to school. Ill be back for the summer except for June cuz I have airborne school. I would like ride with some people this summer in the DFW area when i get back. Sadly none of my friends have felt the glory of R6 between their legs.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hello and welcome.

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Yo! Just got ma an R6 last week. I'm in the DFW area. Holla at me when you get the chance.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
So I take it you're in the military? What branch? I'm going Army, with 19D. Not too sure about airborne lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
cav scout huh..go get em

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am Army but I have two years before i get my bars. But i will let everyone know when i get back to DFW so i can ride with some fellow R6 riders. I am ready to get beak to Texas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts