Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought y'all might enjoy this....

So the other day it was raining cats and dogs, just pouring rain. i pulled the six into our front garage and cleaned the chain, put a new tank pad on the tank, and cleaned her up nice. Well the next day the sun was out and even though it was a lil chilly i went out for a nice ride. I got home parked the six in the driveway and went inside to take a shower....

Well while i was in the shower my mom noticed the wind really picking up and my six swaying in the wind a lil,,,so to be nice she thought she'd move her back in the garage. well, while moving it over she hit a bump and my six leaned over to the right, and it got away from her! Down my six went and my mom felt so bad....

I came out hte shower and she was almost in tears....after seeing her there was no way i could be mad because i know my mom felt like crap. I'm happy to say that the damage was very minimal....only a few scratches and you can't even see them until you're about four feet away. Luckily my Jardine didn't even have a scratch on it! I was kinda surprised because she's ridden all her life, mainly cruisers and my six twice, and she's handled bigger bikes than mine (i think she's outta practice!) So because she felt bad she's paying for half if nt new lid, the Racer-1 from KBC.....sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
380 Posts
It could happen to anyone of us... congrats on the new lid

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
serious dude,
how can you be mad? once you saw those big teary eyes it was all over,
you didnt even have a chance to be mad! i could see my mom doing the same thing, and now thanks to you, ill be sure to tell her never to touch mine!!!

Manoah

·
Registered
586 Posts
I feel for you man, My dad dropped mine while backing it out of my garage(has a slope in front of it). He was taking it so he could ride it to work the next day. Tell me i didn't think twice about that! But i let him, and he came back with a 152 mile an hour smile.

·
Registered
68 Posts
my dad moved my six once and never move it again! my bike was parked inside the garage and he decided that he'll move my bike to ne corner of the garage. my handle bars are locked and he manage to move it from the center to the corner of the garage by moving it and backing it up little by little. when he was close to the position he want and cant move the bike anymore, he lifted the back by the tire and while the bike is leaning to the kick stand and dragging it! man when i saw the drag mark of the kickstand i was flamming mad! 1) he could have break his back from lifting the bike and 2) he could've drop my bike! told him not to touch my bike ever again!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BuCKWyLd said:
That's one cool mom you got.
Yeah gotta admit....my mom's always been pretty cool!

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
atleast your mom had good intentions. cant get mad about that.
:stupic

I had my bike in my mom's garage for 12 hours b4 she noticed it.. and I had to point it out....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah I had my bike outside on a windy day with the cover on it (bad Idea, its like a freakin sail with the cover on it) and the wind caught the cover and pushed my bike right on over, came out and it was on the ground, your bike probably has less damage than mine (still very minimal) but maybe it was better off that way, maybe it would haev been damaged more if the bike blew over, and this way you got a lid at half price! Glad it all turned out well though.

BE4TNUT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts