Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standing at the parts counter at my local yamaha deealer waiting for the guy to find me a screw for my ride.

I overheard the guys next to me (one worked there one did not) talking about motorcycles.

They were older than me and from the sounds of it have been riding sportbikes for some time. The one guy says to the other:

"...THEN WHEN I GOT ON THE R6 I THOUGHT, THIS IS NOT A MOTORCYCLE, IT IS A WEAPON..."

I smiled...

:twisted:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I wish they would bother passing that information on to all the new riders who think the 6 is an appropriate starter bike, simply because it is slower than an R1. :roll:

If you have a bunch of dirtbike experience, and plenty of traffic experience in a cage. You would be fine as long as you kept your ego in check.

Otherwise, this bike IS a weapon. Bent on destroying it's rider.

Kinda like a quote I saw on another forum. Talking about the GSXR-1000 I think. "Yea, any other bike may be able to kill you. But this one WANTS to kill you."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.