Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
One Cheek On The Seat!
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all know what I'm talking about -- when you see another motorcyclist coming towards you in the opposite lane of traffic and you extend your arm for a friendly hello.

I typically try to "wave" to every motorcyclist I see when appropriate, however, I've spent the past few days riding my dad's Honda VTX 1300 (as it's my only means of transportation when I visit the family) and I found that only the "cruiser" guys/gals waved back at me. (almost) every sportbike just ignored me. And when I'm on the 6, it seems only sportbike guys like to wave.

Personally I believe that while we're all on different bikes with different riding styles we all share the love for 2 wheeled machines and should stick together as much as possible to protect our rights to ride.

So do you guys seem to only wave to sportbike guys, or do you try and be courteous to everyone? If another guy waves at you, do you wave back, regardless of their ride?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Ill wave to ANY biker that waves, but i usually wait for them to wave first though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The courtesy of "the bike waves" caught me by surprise. it just surprises me how all bikers have this connection with society to express their love to ride and give a friendly hello waves to each riders as they pass each other. I once saw it on da freeway as i was driving behind 2 bikers.

u will never see this wit cars.

one of da reasons y i want a r6. Hopefully by dis winter :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I try to wave to everyone on a BIKE that I see, Scooter's not so much I will never wave to someone on a scooter! Of course around here it's a bunch of gangsters on scoooters down in the heights! :cuss

·
Registered
288 Posts
the harley's are the worst offenders of this, those guys think they are the big man's gift to creation! most of them, then again alot of the guys are incredibly friendly, sometimes more friendly then fellow sportbike riders..tisk tisk..

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
i usually wave to every bike not the scooters tho, lets just say i wave to ppl that need endorsments to ride lol

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
I always wave to anyone. Shit, I'll even throw the hand up first.

The only time I don't wave if I'M on a divided highway.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
I pretty much wave to everyone, only if i am really concentrating on something or there is just a ton of bikes do I not wave. I find that when I am up in Wisconsin almost everyone waves. In Iowa many cruiser guys don't wave.
You have to be careful, I'll often wave even while cranked over in a turn, I usually leave enough in reserve that waving isn't an issue. One time in Colorado the guy I waved at tried to wave back and it threw him off so much he almost crossed the center line and hit me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
it's completely opposite for me. I stick my hand down below and usually the sport bike guys do the same. I mean, "waving" is sorta goofy, not only that it's dangerous. but Harley guys tend to just look at me funny and go on their bad ass ways (giggle). I get a head knod too or give them one if I need to have both of my hands on the wheels.

Scooters? I give them the bird.

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
I don't wave at Cruisers anymore, I got the F* off look from them every time. I do think that some people take the "wave" too seriously. I was riding in traffic and wasn't paying attention to the oncoming traffic; so i didn't see the sport bike waving until it was too late and he gave me the bird! Sorry I was trying not to run into the car in front of me *Yeesh*

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
I don't mind waving but i get pissed if give the wave and the bastard SEES me and doesn't return. Also does any feel a slight bit bad when someone waves at you and you catch the a$$ end of it because they were blocked by a car?....effin non wavers

1 - 20 of 170 Posts