Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
I wouldn't trust that chain at all.. Isn't O ring outdated anyway?

Chain, tire, brakes.. Things I would not skimp on...

Go with a good quality chain...

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts

+1. Having a chain snap and go through your engine isn't worth saving the few bucks...

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Curious to where that chain is made, even the good brands are made in china.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

About the o-ring being outdated. I would say no it is not. The difference in chain longevity is not going to be noticed if the chain is maintained as it should be.

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
I'm all about saving money but your putting your life and bike on the line buying no name crap. If something goes wrong big name companys should/will most likely stand behind there product. Spend the extra $20

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
They look an awful lot like EK chains. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by the same manufacturer...

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
I'm all about saving money but your putting your life and bike on the line buying no name crap. If something goes wrong big name companys should/will most likely stand behind there product. Spend the extra $20
:stupic

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
I would def recommend a name brand chain. A friend of mine went with a cheap chain (dont remeber from where) and had it snap a week later and bust the engine open the bike was done at that point. Go with a reputable company.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,255 Posts
^^ I don't think any but the last one is an O-ring chain.

I used to use Heavy Duty non o-ring chains on my race bikes (less rotational resistance). But they got changed 3 time a year. Cost me about $20 a "chain"ge cuz I bought it in bulk.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They look an awful lot like EK chains. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by the same manufacturer...
You are reading my mind. Thanks for all the replies but so far no one has answered my question, which was of personal experience with the no name eBay chains.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
You are reading my mind. Thanks for all the replies but so far no one has answered my question, which was of personal experience with the no name eBay chains.
Because everybody knows better than to buy that shit...

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
Like mentioned before there are a few parts that you just want that peace of mind that you know they are made by a quality company. Tires, brakes, chains... anything spinning while doing triple digits.....

It's just like your riding gear... it's there to protect you and keep you safe so why skimp on that...

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
you are probably right, but somebody has bought them as the seller has over 20,000 positive feedback. still waiting
You seem willing to risk it.. so spend the few pennies and go for it. Personally it seems everyone that has responded says don't go for it and get a product from someone you can trust.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Ask the seller what brand of chain it is. If they won't tell you then pass on it and get a "brand" name.

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts