Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MITICO
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first track day of the season yesterday and am currently going over plenty of stuff in mind in regards to potential improvements, modifications, changes. However a 10 minute session at the end of the day officially through some curiosity in my mind-

One of my friends that I was pitting with was running a 675R and due to a large crash in group 3, the last sessions of the day were significantly cut short. Buddy of mine invited me to try his 675 for the last session. Aside from struggling to get used to the GP / quickshift & size his tires scared the sh*t out of me. As I pulled out of pit lane and merged onto the track the bike literally felt like it was FALLING into corners. I'd have to clarify what tire he was running but I know if the bike wasn't on the track, it was on stands w/ tire warmers on. I've been running the same Michelins since last may, which means 3 total track days on them as well as roughly 1000 or so road miles on them.

I never experienced any sort of sliding or tucking on my RSV & having passed tech I automatically assumed my tires were fit to do a track day and provide me the best performance I could use. Is it possible I've passed the mark on these Michelins and run something a bit higher spec on my days from now on?

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
That bike comes with Supercorsa SP's. They are the fcuking BOMB bro. :fact

Finally a track tire with a decent street compound. AND you can get em EVERYWHERE!! Any parts dealer can get em cause they are OEM tires on some bikes, like the 675R

·
Registered
136 Posts
'race/track' tires turn into corners alot quicker then street tires. since you said it was on warmers, they better be race/track tires or the warmers would be tearing up his street tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts