Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as many of you know the bike was wrecked at a track day in June and I've decided to keep it and put it back together for double duty: street and track. GMD Computrack measured the bike up and it was surprisingly straight... so all cosmetic pretty much besides a radiator and a couple other little things.

Well, after some arguing with insurance, I was able to keep the bike clean-titled (aka not totaled or salvaged or any of that hassle), and I have been paid the full repair estimate amount as well as paid for a replacement helmet.

This allows me to get enough parts to have two full sets of gear for the bike: a full set of street plastics and lights and such that will stay in mint condition, and a set of track bodywork. Also, I'll be putting on lots of goodies for crash-worthiness, ergonomics, and performance.

The following things have been or are soon to be ordered / acquired / received:

ArmourBodies (woodcraft) track plastics
Woodcraft GP shift rearsets with both pedals, rear brake switch, and some spare parts
Woodcraft Case covers left and right and a couple spare skidplates
Woodcraft frame sliders and spare pucks
Woodcraft spool sliders
Also grabbed some klucky pucks and a tshirt
(basically the bike now has everything woodcraft makes for it)
BMC Race Air Filter
Akrapovic full race exhaust with CF can
PCIII
New stock radiator (might patch current and keep as a spare)
CRG clutch lever (pazzo on there is damaged and will remain as a spare)
Full set of black Dzus fasteners
Another set of tank sliders

Also on the way is a full set of oem raven bodywork in mint condition, along with gas tank and headlights and various other parts (got a great deal) (current gas tank will be freshened up and kept as a spare)

Gloves are at Held getting a mild freshening-up
Suit is getting repaired as well
Paint will be done on the track bodywork in a couple weeks
PCIII will be tuned after all the work is done and parts installed

There's other things I'm getting and need to get that I've forgotten, but that's the gist of it.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So today I picked up the bike and all the parts that had shown up. All the woodcraft goodies except a couple things but including the bodywork were there. The exhaust and pcIII aren't here yet

I brought it home and gave it a quick rinse and dry to figure out what was turn6 dirt and what was damage. It really isn't bad now that all the plastics are off.

A couple of the plastics are actually still alright so I will probably sell those or keep them as spares.

I didn't have much time (after getting the bike, then a family party, then a nice nap), so what I did today was mostly organizational and cleaning, and also since I'm still waiting for a couple parts.

Here's a few photos:

Cleaned her up:

The ArmourBodies plastics are VERY nice. After seeing a set on another bike, the quality is really up there with Sharkskinz but much cheaper. This is not cheap eracings fiberglass... this is really nice shit. Good primer, kevlar weave, nice and light, very strong.

I took off more of the street plastics and started sorting through what's trash, what's worth keeping, what's sellable, etc etc... then I got it all out of the garage and onto shelves in the main basement so I could have room to work. The undertail and one of the side mid fairings and one of the front uppers are pretty mint, those will sell for decent money. The rest I might just sell as one big package to someone who wants trackday street plastics and doesn't want to go the track plastic route.

Next I got out all the stuff that's shown up so far and got it ready for installation:

Then it was late and time to go home for dinner.

Tomorrow I'm going to drain the coolant and the oil, pull the radiator, pull the stock exhaust, pull and drain the gas tank, etc etc... and throw on a couple of the woodcraft goodies. I don't want to put something on and need to take it off though.

After that I'll make a list of everything I need but haven't accounted for or ordered yet, and get that stuff moving. I'm sure there will be a decent-sized order from mrcycles.com for little stock missing parts and stuff that are somewhere in the boonies of the turn6 runoff ;)

This is going to be fun.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
i like ur attitude, bro. ur glass always seems to be half full. i'm sure ur gonna have a great time putting the bike back together. gl!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, best of luck to you! You definitely seem to know what you're doing; I'm sure it'll all come together real nice. I know you had to go through a huge hassle because of laying it down, but I still can't help but feel a little jealous you get all those goodies :*tongue

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like ur attitude, bro. ur glass always seems to be half full. i'm sure ur gonna have a great time putting the bike back together. gl!
Thanks dude! I did a bunch of wrenching on sunday as well, just haven't had time to type it all up. And yes, it is fun. Taking things apart in the new garage, just relaxing... it's all good ;)
Yeah, best of luck to you! You definitely seem to know what you're doing; I'm sure it'll all come together real nice. I know you had to go through a huge hassle because of laying it down, but I still can't help but feel a little jealous you get all those goodies :*tongue
Thanks man!

And no, I don't know what I'm doing really :lmao I've just got tools and a shop manual... that's all you need to have to figure this stuff out.

You're right... the crashing sucked... but the turnout with insurance and subsequent rebuild is looking quite good so far :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
subscribed! i love your threads. GL on the rebuild, i cant wait to see it all come together! keep up the good work ceo. :cheers

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
subscribed....nice body kit..who makes it

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Well, after some arguing with insurance, I was able to keep the bike clean-titled (aka not totaled or salvaged or any of that hassle), and I have been paid the full repair estimate amount as well as paid for a replacement helmet.
is this regular insurance??? i didn't know that if you have standard full coverage insurance that they would cover anything on a track...?...?...?...?

let me know i've always wondered if i take the 6 to track and go down do they cover it. or do have to tell them it happened on "the ride there" or "back".

or get special insurance??????

good luck putting it back together. post some pics afterwards.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
subscribed! i love your threads. GL on the rebuild, i cant wait to see it all come together! keep up the good work ceo. :cheers
Thanks bro! I appreciate it :D
subscribed....nice body kit..who makes it
Read the thread before you post, Dan.
^^^ someones not payin attention :nono
Yeah, what he said!
Looking forward to seeing this one finished.
ME TOO! lol
How much was the Fairing kit?
The MSRP is 650. I got it for a little less.
is this regular insurance??? i didn't know that if you have standard full coverage insurance that they would cover anything on a track...?...?...?...?

let me know i've always wondered if i take the 6 to track and go down do they cover it. or do have to tell them it happened on "the ride there" or "back".

or get special insurance??????

good luck putting it back together. post some pics afterwards.
If it is a non-competitive event where timing and aggressive passing are not allowed, it is the same thing as a rider training school and as such you'll be covered. I have normal insurance.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$650 huh? I think I will just get the E-race fairings. Im too broke.
You should be able to find them for about 575 shipped, and the quality is head and shoulders above the eracings.

Compare 575 to the MSRP for sharkskinz which is $975 and you'll realize what a deal these are... that is a better comparison. :fact

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys I can't wait to see it done either :D
ran through ur list of parts... no damper, ceo?
Nah steering dampers are $$... I would get a penske rear shock and revalve/spring my forks before I'd spend money on a damper.

During acceleration if you hold yourself onto the bike with your legs squeezing the tank and hold yourself forward with your feet pressing on the rearsets... thus reducing any pull on the handlebars... you won't tankslap in the first place :fact

1 - 20 of 97 Posts