Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at possible r6's I can buy that fall into my price range..then I found this one.

Where's the middle light? It's listed as a 2009 R6.

Anyways, if I do manage to buy this one, is there a way to make the front look like a traditional r6?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
This is a 2009 R6 S model. If you are looking for a 06 R6 V model, it looks like this VVVV

[/QUOTE]

This is not an "S" model, in 2009 they dropped the "S" and just went with R6.

I had a friend who had a 2008 R6S, it has a different power band than the R6, and once he put exhaust on it the R6S was a completely different bike. Either way a bike is a bike.

Is this your first bike? If yes, buy cheap, that way when you drop it you won't feel as bad.

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
So all the years up to 09, in the "s" model looked like that? :O whoops, learn something new everyday.
This model was the 03-05 R6 and 06-09 R6S. They stopped making them for 2010

Is there a way to mod the S model to look like a V model?

Is there any difference besides the looks?

Thanks for the quick responses!

I don't know if anybody has fully converted a R6S to a R6V but I know I saw somebody put on a tail section from a R6V on a R6S. I would suggest to just buy a 06+ R6 if you like this model, it looks way better. There are some really good deals out there if you really look.

There are some big differences between the R6s and the R6v and the only exception to the rule is the 05 R6. Hope this helps

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Is this your first bike? If yes, buy cheap, that way when you drop it you won't feel as bad.
Yeah, first bike. I'm also hoping the one I buy will last me a lifetime.

I would suggest to just buy a 06+ R6 if you like this model
Know anybody selling one for $3000-$4000?

Edit:

STOP.

Take 5 minutes and read my post in this thread... and learn something.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268984
Thanks for that. Yeah I definitely don't like the 03-05 version/S model.

Btw, 3/4 of the links in that post are dead

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Thanks for that. Yeah I definitely don't like the 03-05 version/S model.

Btw, 3/4 of the links in that post are dead
I've tweaked those links every 3 months for the last year and a half... they're not dead, you just need to right click the link then copy link location-- open a new tab/window and paste the URL in there. Iono why they won't show up after a week. :nono

EDIT: and if you don't like the S model I would pick up an 06 cheap as you can. Spend the extra money on gear and insurance (gasp!). Later on down the road you can pick up something you really want.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Bad camera with a stupid windscreen.. I can't tell if it's factory paint or not though.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Hey its different. I like the creativity

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Yeah... first time I entered this thread I saw the pic and was like WTF but then saw the question.

First Gen R6
1999 - 2002 carbureted

2nd Gen R6
2003 - 2005

3rd Gen R6
2006+

During the 2006+ of R6 there are two different ones, R6V aka R6R and the R6S. R6S is basically the 2003 - 2005 model, apparently that year of R6 was so good they brought it back and named it the R6s. I believe it's more street as well since the seating is different from the R6V it's more comfortable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts