Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Graves Motorsport fender eliminator for the ‘17 R6 is a really nice piece with one glaring flaw. Per their instructions, you are to mount the license plate light to the license plate itself using 2 sided tape! How are you supposed to remove the plate for trackdays? My solution was a simple bracket that mounts between the two halves of the fender eliminator, giving you a permanent place to stick the LED plate light. Simple. Light. Strong.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the same Graves kit but my solution was the Driven license plate frame and mounted it to the flat spot made for a light.
That's a great solution! In my scenario, I remove the plate (and any plate frame) for trackdays. I could just tape the bolts that hold the plate on, but always just remove the plate. Same with mirrors, i could just tape the lenses for the turn signals, but it's on'y 2 bolts and 1 plug to remove them totally so why not? And carbon fiber is cool!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
if you need to remove stuff for a track day just unplug the light connectors and take the bracket off. that way there's no turn signals either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts