Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
RIP W.B.T.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On January 31st one of my best friends of many years passed away. He was in an accident while commuting to Arizona State University on Thursday, January 27, when an impaired driver pulled out in front of him causing a severe collision. According to witnesses he wasnt speeding or messing around at all, and the collision was at no fault of his own. The impact with the vehicle caused him to fracture his skull, shatter his jaw, break his neck, break his back in two places break his arm, wrist, femur, and leg. He was in critical condition in a deep coma for about three days before passing. Im building a real website for him but for now tompkinswill.com will forward to a caringbridge site set up by the hospital.

Several friends and I are looking to get a tattoo to honor him, so if anyone out there is an artist i would really appreciate drawing something up. His name was Will Tompkins, initials WBT, and lived 11/04/1988-01/31/2011. He rode a beautiful Kawasaki zx6r. If you have any other ideas and need some other information please ask.

As far as the local scene goes, in the phoenix area, we will be organizing a cookout fundraiser as well as a group ride, once i have more details on that i will post it in the southwest section

·
Registered
260 Posts
very sorry for you're loss. terrible situation and i'll keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
dang that sucks. RIP to a fellow rider. i hope that guy that cause the accident gets what's coming to him.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
That really sucks and what makes it even worse is that it was not his fault :( RIP
Was he wearing a helmet?

·
Registered
221 Posts
RIP man..sorry for the lose.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Sorry to hear the horrible news, R.I.P.

·
RIP W.B.T.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was he wearing a helmet?
Yes, he always did everything right, he was wearing a helmet jacket and gloves.

He was definitely the safest rider out of the group of us that rode together

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Yes, he always did everything right, he was wearing a helmet jacket and gloves.

He was definitely the safest rider out of the group of us that rode together
damn shattered jaw and fractured skull with a full face?
That was a bad accident. Holy shit

Sketchy though, the gear and responsibility level amongst the group sounds like me.

·
The Big R
736 Posts
Sorry to hear about that brother. I commute along ASU very often on my six. I wonder if i ever passed him. Will check back on this thread about any events you plan.
R.I.P

·
RIP W.B.T.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to hear about that brother. I commute along ASU very often on my six. I wonder if i ever passed him. Will check back on this thread about any events you plan.
R.I.P
it happened around dobson and elliot

1 - 20 of 57 Posts