Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm barely hanging onto the idea that i might sell my 2000 and get an '07 b/c there are some really good clearances around Chicago. There's a guy by me that's advertising the rest of his 07 stock at $7499 "still in the crate" who i don't know, but is the brother of my dad's good friend (if that even matters). What do u guys think i should walk out the door paying if i go in with a big ol' wad of cash?

Is there anyone out there that just picked up a "new" 2007? what u pay? i appreciate any responses! I just wanna decide whether it's worth paying for the brand new bike, or saving some money and going used...

·
Registered
458 Posts
i pd 7600 in mar for an 07..and that was before the 08's were in stock at the store so you should def get it cheaper

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up a 07 yesterday delivered I payed 8 grand. Tax and title out the door 9 flat.

Maybe I got a litle bent......

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
You shouldn't pay the taxes. The dealer is paying the taxes on bikes that are just sitting there and they are trying to recoup the cost. Taxes shouldn't be in the equation.

If he offering 7499, you know he can do better. Low-ball him at around 6500 and work up to around 7000 OTD. Most dealers are offering around 7499 anyways. In fact, get other prices from other dealers and tell him to do better...or tell him why should you spend your $$$ there vs. somewhere else.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
7k out the door dont pay a penny more if you need help ill call and low ball them whats there number ill say ill take two for 6k each and see the response let me know lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was going to buy one OTD from a dealer here in dallas 3 weeks ago for 8100 OTD which was the cheapest I could find. Now I'm ready to buy and the prick now tells me he wont take any less than $9000 OTD. This is now the reason I'm leaving in 30 minutes to buy one from K&N Motorcycles in Tulsa, OK for $7950. :D

The other local dealers jacked up their prices from two weeks ago as well. I think its because riding season is here and now they can sell these. In the winter bike dealerships have a real hard time selling much of anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts