Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Do you happen to have a black r6? Cause when I got my tires put on there I saw a black r6 with projectors that was scratched up.
At RnR Cycles? Possibly, it was there from around November-January.

I got new tires put on there last summer and took off my wheels and took it there to save some money, they did a good job on that

Terry, if I ever need to have something done to my bike that I can't do, Ill let you know!

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did you take your bike to RnR cycles before? How was your experience with them?
I only got my tires changed there so I couldnt really judge them on that, but they seemed nice. They quoted me $400 tO get my wheels PC'ed black, which was cheaper than anywhere else. They arr also 5 minutes away from my house. But after reading your bad experiences with them I may give another place a try.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
I only got my tires changed there so I couldnt really judge them on that, but they seemed nice. They quoted me $400 tO get my wheels PC'ed black, which was cheaper than anywhere else. They arr also 5 minutes away from my house. But after reading your bad experiences with them I may give another place a try.
Yep I got my tires put on buy them for $60 and they did a good job on that, but had a not as good experience with them for another thing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm Pat, from Manassas Park. I've got a Blue(ish) 03 R6 that I mostly use for commuting and just riding around town.

Terry, Centreville also if im not working im at the range or out riding, hit me up I also work with Fairfax Cycles, I try to hook ppl up as best as I can especially if your on the forum
I work in Fairfax, just down the road from Fairfax Cycles... I've been thinking of dropping by to ask about dyno tuning. How are the dyno tuners there? What does a typical tune cost?

DogP

·
nova r6
3,217 Posts
Me and my boss both do the dynotuning, he runs the bike and I adjust the maps. Not to toot our own horn but we just did a new zx14 started with 192 finished with 200, ive got 111 on a 05 with 45000 miles, 2011 gsxr 750 133 if I remember correctly just to name a few

·
nova r6
3,217 Posts
How much to do FX-R projectors?
Honestly weve never put a set in but have done a million halo/angel eye kits, would you be bringing the bike or just the headlights? If you can pull the headlight out it will save you a good deal of money.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
I could just bring the headlights. I don't have the projectors or anything else though. Just trying to see a price range
Do you do a lot of night time riding? I would only do this mod if you ride a lot at night. It looks cool though lol

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Sorry been at the beach. It was lowered 2" by the previous owner. I have the stock parts to raise it back up. Still debating. This is my first bike i have owned so i dont know how the stock height handles, etc.
It'll handle way better.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah, ill probably go with them, just thought id try the used/ local route first.

Anyone interested in trading your black wheels for my 08 bronze wheels? Ill pay for tire removal/professional install, etc.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
Yeah, ill probably go with them, just thought id try the used/ local route first.

Anyone interested in trading your black wheels for my 08 bronze wheels? Ill pay for tire removal/professional install, etc.
I have black wheels on my 08(You probably saw it when it was at rnr). The previous owner swapped out the olive colored ones. Liquid silver with black wheels would look sweet.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
want to swap back to bronze?
no.....lol, I think any wheel from a 03-12 R6 will fit, not just 08-12. Good luck finding some. I know another member here has black wheels on his liquid silver and it looks better than the olive ones.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts