Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
yeah i want some black wheels for my liquid silver too. has anyone looked into powder coating around the area?
I have! Everywhere in this area its about $200, but thats if you take everything off down to the bare rim yourself. RNR said $400 to take everything off, send to powdercoaters, and reinstall... Thats the best price ive seen so far, everywhere else i called is more and farther away. Or you could buy a set off CL for $200-$300, but then you'd have to still pay $100 for tire and bearing swap. Thats probably what ill end up doing since i havent found someone to trade me yet.

·
Don't Judge
3 Posts
Hey. I'm new to this. Only been riding for 4 years. Just got out of a crazy wreck 2 years ago so i dont ride as hard as i use to but i still love to ride. got an r6 but trying to fix it up from when my ex laid it down. i love to ride and when i feel lazy i let my husband ride mines with me. Oh yeah I live in alexandria but since i live in an apt i dont want my bike outside so its in fburg with the in-laws. i just moved here from tn so still getting to k ow the area.

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hey. I'm new to this. Only been riding for 4 years. Just got out of a crazy wreck 2 years ago so i dont ride as hard as i use to but i still love to ride. got an r6 but trying to fix it up from when my ex laid it down. i love to ride and when i feel lazy i let my husband ride mines with me. Oh yeah I live in alexandria but since i live in an apt i dont want my bike outside so its in fburg with the in-laws. i just moved here from tn so still getting to k ow the area
cool, I have a couple of friends that moved here from chatanooga, welcome.

·
willing to ride anything
425 Posts
I'll be at Summit Point on Sunday.

Phan, I'll check out your wheels when you got time.

·
willing to ride anything
425 Posts
I'll be out there from gate opening until last session (7am to 5-6pm). We'll have a tent with a blue R6 and a black R6.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
I'll be riding tomorrow, most likely by myself lool. I just really want to test out my Go Pro I just got.

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
We are meeting at sakura in dulles town center at 815am, then off to meet someone else at point of rocks train station at 915am, then off to summit point

·
willing to ride anything
425 Posts
Bring cash with you. Usually it's a 25-35 entry fee, then you get most of it back. They usually keep 5-10.
It'd probably be good to bring water as well.

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Wait, can you explain how much it costs to watch again? Are we allowed in the paddock area? And thanks for the tip, ill def bring water, its gonna be hot as crap out tomorrow.

·
willing to ride anything
425 Posts
You pay a certain fee, then you get most of it back. i.e. pay 35, get 25 back when you leave.

Yes, you can hang out in the paddock area. We'll be under a red tent.

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Ill head out with yall everyone else I know with a bike keeps flaking out
We waited 30 minutes for you and you flaked

Bring cash with you. Usually it's a 25-35 entry fee, then you get most of it back. They usually keep 5-10.
It'd probably be good to bring water as well.
It was free! It was seriously fun going out there today, especially when My friend and I got to take 2 laps around the track, im def doing a track day before the year ends. Those guys out there are nuts! There were a few red tents out there so i didnt know which one you were.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
How was it? If I went to just watch, I'd just take my car. Too much of a hassle walking around in riding boots and a 1 piece suit around the paddocks or what not.

·
Ashburn, VA
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
How was it? If I went to just watch, I'd just take my car. Too much of a hassle walking around in riding boots and a 1 piece suit around the paddocks or what not.
I thought it was pretty fun, lots of nice bikes out there, got to ride the track for 2 laps, and it was a fun ride there. I just wore jeans and my leather jacket, it wasn't bad out there at all. Im def going again soon

·
_
70 Posts
If anyone is interested a shop in chantilly is doing tire changes for $10 (off the bike). Went today. The guy who runs the shop is a great guy. He changed them right when i got there at 6pm. 4394-G Henninger Court, Chantilly VA 20151

I also now have black wheels for my liquid silver.:YEA

41 - 60 of 143 Posts