Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1322 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
I was wondering if you were still alive
Very much so. Been busy having a life and raising a kid and getting divorced and getting married again. Lol. Life is good. I slummed it up in a miata for a bit so my kid could experience rwd and donuts. And now I'm getting set up to run at Bonneville next year. I wanna see my zx6r run in the 170s. I think its doable.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
All this time I still don't really know what that's like. Sounds nice.
Glad you're doing well and still having fun.
Try it sometime, its not bad.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
I'd like to, never really seems to go anywhere though. I lack some instinct for it that most people have or something.
Well I'm not sure what to say. My life was in a shut place a few years ago. My ex was a miserable angry person that was dragging me down and I finally had enough. I cut her loose and found a lady that makes me happy. Since that, she and I have had some amazing adventures, paid off more than $50k in debt, and my son is doing very well. My ex made things hard and got mixed up with someone that best the shit out of her and I ended up bailing her out and having to put a gun in his face when he showed up and my door drunk at 2 AM looking for trouble. He was smart enough to walk back to his car rather than have a 12GA slug rearrange his internal organs. Since that things have calmed down and now life is going extremely well. My wife and I even had a big beautiful wedding that we paid for in cash. And now I'm planning my trip to run at Bonneville next year.

I cant stress this enough, and its corny AF, but setting goals changes everything. Add in an effort to actually be positive and its life altering. Goals and progress toward them change everything. Im a completely different person than I was when I put 60k posts down on here. Night and day.

You get one shot, don't waste it.

·
Touchdown!
1,300 Posts
What denotes on being an OG in here?

And, I'm trying to get to my life at a point of peace, great health, joy, tons of enjoyment and fun adventures, and a bunch of other cool stuff, so I don't feel like I missed anything when my time is done here on Earth. Oh, and having a good woman who makes all the previously stated things in the last sentence that much more enhanced and enjoyable. My current GF sucks, and I've been planning my exit strategy from this situation. Being a small business owner (especially during this COVID sh!t) makes things that much harder, but I'll find the open door.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
My advice, dont wait if you want out. Don't waste her time or yours. One of my biggest mistakes was waiting. I could have been enjoying life so much more. And my wife is fcking rad. She's good to me and i trust her. Its a great place to be.

Reactions: Straight Success

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
Oh, and I'd say an OG is someone that was here during the RESPECT hey day.

·
Touchdown!
1,300 Posts
My advice, dont wait if you want out. Don't waste her time or yours. One of my biggest mistakes was waiting. I could have been enjoying life so much more. And my wife is fcking rad. She's good to me and i trust her. Its a great place to be.

I got it. I'm kinda in an ugly situation right now. My second book is in the publication process, and publication is about a month away. I'm the publisher and manufacturer, so it's hard to drop everything and just leave. It's an ugly situation. I'm confident God will guide my steps, though.

Thanks.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
I've actually started working on a book of my own. I have a couple i want to write as soon as I'm done with this Legislative report. Its behind because my boss is a moron. But whatever. Ill keep taking the paycheck.

Reactions: Straight Success

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
669 Posts
Respect days?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
Respect days?
From the Respect thread. Back when McCoy was working at Graves and coming on here all the time. It was a tight knit crew. We even had a lake Tahoe retreat where people from all over came out.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
669 Posts
Aw shit.. a Tahoe retreat. I guess I didn't exist yet.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
Aw shit.. a Tahoe retreat. I guess I didn't exist yet.
Yeah, it was rad. We had fun for sure. I hosted a kid from out in Wisconsin who had never really gone anywhere and told his parents he was flying out to CA to go skiing with some people he met on the internet. They were convinced I was going to rape and murder him. Hahaha

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
669 Posts
We have a bit of a snow shortage right now out here. I assume he made it with the prison pocket intact.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
We have a bit of a snow shortage right now out here. I assume he made it with the prison pocket intact.
Yeah, he left without getting an overbore. Lol. I even let him shoot my potato cannon. It was pretty rad. I still talk to a lot of the OGs once in a while and some on a nearly daily basis. It was a good place for quite a few of us. Respect would turn 20 pages a day, not 1 a year.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
I dunno though man, that was a lot of years and a few bikes and a marriage ago for me. Came back because I was feeling nostalgic and was seeing if anyone else was slumming it up around here.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,842 Posts
:word

1301 - 1320 of 1322 Posts