·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #986 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not BA. I just practice and crash a lot.:wink:
What year is the bike? What do you have for engine mods? I want to get into this after I get a decent cage on the bike. Wanna make sure I don't destroy the engine at 12 o clock (assuming I make it that far haha). Doing some reading on the stuntbums website and they don't actually list a whole lot as far as engine mods other than the clean air mod.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #988 ·
What year is the bike? What do you have for engine mods? I want to get into this after I get a decent cage on the bike. Wanna make sure I don't destroy the engine at 12 o clock (assuming I make it that far haha). Doing some reading on the stuntbums website and they don't actually list a whole lot as far as engine mods other than the clean air mod.
You really don't need much to start stunting. Just some protection like a cage and maybe do a kleen air mod if needed.

My bike is a 2003 R6.

https://www.facebook.com/15107282/videos/10100943593383242/?pnref=story

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #989 ·

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #990 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haven't heard from you in a long time. Did you get rid of your bike? I've made a lot of progress this summer. Finally hit balance point and can idle wheelie no problem and started doing some really shitty cirlces lol. So glad I put in the work at the lot, it's really paying off.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 · (Edited)
Haven't heard from you in a long time. Did you get rid of your bike? I've made a lot of progress this summer. Finally hit balance point and can idle wheelie no problem and started doing some really shitty cirlces lol. So glad I put in the work at the lot, it's really paying off.
I sold my bike.:surprise:

I ride other people's bikes now.

Glad to here your making some progress finally. Seat time is key.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sold! Why would you do that. Well I'm sorry to hear that. At least your still getting some seat time in it looks like.

It sure is seat time. And trial and error lol. Once I caught on with the hand brake everything fell into place. Have so much more fun now :)

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #995 ·
Sold! Why would you do that. Well I'm sorry to hear that. At least your still getting some seat time in it looks like.

It sure is seat time. And trial and error lol. Once I caught on with the hand brake everything fell into place. Have so much more fun now :)
Doing stoppies yet? How's your straight line game? Sitdowns make sense yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I honestly don't think I will ever try stoppies. That's one thing I don't have interest in doing. I don't have a huge bag of tricks up my sleeves yet. I've gotten scrapes down, working on one handers is pretty fun. I have yet to try sitdowns I'm a little scared still lol. Not to great with moving around from pegs to seat etc, feel the bike turning alot. I really want to start learning foot brake once I get my bike back. I've been down for a month due to color change on the frame.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #997 ·
I honestly don't think I will ever try stoppies. That's one thing I don't have interest in doing. I don't have a huge bag of tricks up my sleeves yet. I've gotten scrapes down, working on one handers is pretty fun. I have yet to try sitdowns I'm a little scared still lol. Not to great with moving around from pegs to seat etc, feel the bike turning alot. I really want to start learning foot brake once I get my bike back. I've been down for a month due to color change on the frame.
You building a show bike?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #998 ·

·
Registered
47 Posts
You building a show bike?
Lol no show bike for me. I had a case of whiskey throttle coming down once and i took my bike over a curb and threw a fence. I broke my front rim. So I just got rid of all that green and blue on the bike I was tired of it being so bright.

Haven't been riding to much due to no good spots at night here since it's dark by 5 and shitty days off. Once every 2 weeks i make it out on a weekend though.

Some great improvement lately. No throttle hand is fun and I can do a wider circle sometimes. Circles I've gotten pretty good at, they aren't super tight but they are looking good. I'm not sure how to tighten them up yet. I can do sitwdowns easy now and they weren't as scary as I made them out to be, they are really fun. Alot more maneuverability on the bike during circles transferring from pegs to seat etc, I was always really stiff before. I want to try frogger and highschairs eventually I just haven't gotten the courage to just do it. I can do spreaders but cant jump to them yet. Little bit of foot brake practice but im sketchy with it still.

Should be a good summer. New bike for you anytime soon?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,000 ·
Aloha mates!

Yes, I've been MIA. My wife and I took a year off to travel and experience things.

I'm back and I got another bike. 05 636. This bike is a lot easier to ride.

981 - 1000 of 1003 Posts