Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hey...HOLY *****...TREE!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hitting up the "Snake" in TN sometime?

I've hit up Part I but would like to hit up part II of it.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its Hwy # 421, there are two parts, and apparently its said that "489 curves in a twelve mile radius of country store".

I tried out the part that was at the Bristol TN area (well part I) I didn't find out that there was a 2nd part after the rest stop.

"The fun part is between Boone and Bristol, Tennessee, through Shady Valley"

Check it out here...
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tn_us421.html

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets put it this way, if you haven't done the Dragon, its a good training ground. But if you've done the Dragon its less crowded.

I'm wanting to hit up the 2nd part after the store--I only hit the Bristol side a couple dozen times--then found out there was more to it.

And yeah...Munn Rox!!!

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Training ground? More like cluster fµck.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it rocks...hardly any traffic...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Its in Shady Valley Tennessee 37688. In Johnson County. I lived there until I was 16 and of course never got to ride it. A heck of a road for sure.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
731 Posts
depends on your time frame? ability? and how far your wanting to travel/ride?

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, lets just say my range on the bike is about 130 mi (including partial reserve) and I'm wearing a dark visor and want to be back home in the tri-cities by dusk.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ok, lets just say my range on the bike is about 130 mi (including partial reserve) and I'm wearing a dark visor and want to be back home in the tri-cities by dusk.
real good ride going to hot springs, NC. not sure exact route as i just ride it. will get that asap

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Just leave early in the AM and ride in the peak of the day. I leave at 9am and arrive around 11-12, a couple passes, I leave by 3ish and I can still wear my tinted visor. I left the Tail one night with my tinted visor and one burnt out projector...i'll never do that ish again.

-Ant.

·
Registered
731 Posts
any of you ever try RT 116(The Devil's Triangle), it starts at Brushy Mountain Prison.
yes ive done it several times. and let me warn you unless you like rough roads, coal dust all over the road, and trucks taking the majority of the roads find somewhere else. last time i rode there i actually heard banjos playing when we stopped. definately not one of those places you wana go down at.

·
^ Jose, but call me Chato
3,729 Posts
you're right about the coal trucks and rough road, but i try to stay between the prison and the anderson county sign, that is the best paved part of that whole road. Im Mexican, so imagine the looks I get when I stop somewhere to fuel up.

·
Registered
731 Posts
theres some road in cosby just like US129 but no cops and hardly any traffic. im trying to find out exactly where its at.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts