Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just had a question. I've gotten many questions like riding a motorcycle if your new, you only have a life expectancy of like 6 months. Then I tell people that if I'm going to die, then let it be, only God can control that, whether I'm on my bike, or choking on a meatball, if it's my time to go, I'll go at that time. How do y'all feel about that?

Klunx.

G

·
Those people are just to stubborn to admit that they are scared of motorcycles. :cuss I have been riding for two years and have not come close to laying a bike down. I feel the same way you do about dying by the way.

·
Registered
953 Posts
not a bad question. to put it simple like, it's up to you for the most part how long you will live riding a bike. most (most, i never said all) die from not wearing gear and doing something foolish. there are exepetions where idiots just drive into you but they drive into cars too so your going to be in a wreck adventually in a car or bike. it's up to you how prepared you are for it. most likely if you are wearing good gear you'll be fine unless it's a really bad wreck. most wrecks on bikes even when people die are just people going too fast and/or doing something stupid and fly off a cliff or something without the assistance of a car.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Well, I have been riding for 10 years... and last time I checked, I still have a pulse.

Like said above; it really depends on the rider. If you don't wear your gear, and you ride like an idiot... you are not going to be long for this world.

People who say shit like that... usually are just looking for ways to make up for their miserable lives by shitting on others.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yikes...

I am 27 and not nearly ready to die. If you just dont ride like a dumb ass, the bike isnt going to kill you..

Guys, dont sell yourselves short, be careful and live long happy lives...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Riding 29 years. 21 years on the street. Never crashed except on the track.
Stats indicate that 72% of fatal crashes involve alcohol or excessive speed.
Face it, when you're riding close to the speed limit, you have plenty of time to react. When you're riding 130 on the freeway, if someone in a car looks back, sees a light wayyyy back there, and decides to change lanes in front of you, you are probably going to die.

It's also about the gear you wear, and how aware you are. I ALWAYS assume cars don't see me, so I am very defensive on the street.
Just be smart in traffic and you'll probably live a lot longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have only been riding for like a year and a half and i have only come close once. But as said previously if you ride like a moron you probably wont last to long, just be smart. :mrgreen: I shold have my 6 in a week and im gona take it easy for atleast the first season, then well get stupid :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts