Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No more side boob for you
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few weeks i've been thinking of putting either blue or yellow rim tape around the edge of the rim, naturally.

Its an 07 Blue R6 with chrome rims. wondering what your guys thoughts are on that.

**lol, just noticed it says "goo", lets go with "good" in the title.**

·
Registered
250 Posts
It'd be easier to decide if you posted a picture of the bike. But honestly, I really can't imagine rim tape looking anywhere near decent on chrome rims.

·
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking of chrome rims, where can I get the best deal for them?
you just have to ask around. it would be a lot cheaper to get your rims dipped than to go out and buy a set i believe. i've heard it costing as little a $300 up to $900. mine came with them from the dealer. the only reason i have them is cause this was the last blue R6 i could find within 50 miles when i went to buy my bike last year. but i'm really glad i have them. really looks phenomenal after i get done polishing them. i get random ppl saying "thats a nice bike, but those rims set the bike off".

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
For a few weeks i've been thinking of putting either blue or yellow rim tape around the edge of the rim, naturally.

Its an 07 Blue R6 with chrome rims. wondering what your guys thoughts are on that.

**lol, just noticed it says "goo", lets go with "good" in the title.**

I don't know that your chrome rims (which are sick btw) need rim tape. If it were me..id probably go with red. that's just me. Killer bike though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow i like them chrome wheels

·
Registered
196 Posts
i say no go to rim tape on chrome wheels. black wheels are a different story, i'm thinking blue or white on mine :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
nothing worse than chrome on a sportbike. sportbikes are suppose to look slick, and the bling should be kept down to a minimum. the less attention the better. my saying goes, if you want the cops to see you, chrome it up.
Depends on what you do with it. If he rides slower, no need to hide. But I guess if you wanted to do that, you could just get a 'Busa and stretch and chrome it. Looks kinda silly on an R6.

And dude, don't get rim tape on those wheels. The only thing it'll do is cheapen the look of it. I don't mind the chrome that much, I just wish the 'spokes' were thicker. But definitely NO tape. Please :(

·
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sry but aint going for a bling look. i actually hate the saying or term or what ever "bling bling". it just sounds gay. its the only chrome i have on it, and i think it looks slick and sexy. i sure the hell aint getting a busa, how are you supposed to lean that thing over when you are carving corners. to each his own i guess. there are guys here that like or have a stretched R6. i dont like it but i can respect it.

i will not be getting rim tape so dont worry about that. i need a set of new tires and saving for the 2CTs. so you can see where my priorities lie.

and the cops will see you regardless of what you have on your bike or what you look like on it. flat black or all chrome. as long as you aint stupid on it, you just ride on by. i have an LED kit on my bike because i like to be seen at night. i dont pull wheelies or stoppies or go looking for trouble because i have no interest in that. i have asked the cops around here about the LED kit and all of them have said its a great idea and wouldnt pull over anyone just for that.

so the point is i'm not going for the "bling" look. i'm not getting defensive cause i just read this over and it sounds like i am. i'm just telling my side of it.

i'm also not a squid :D that is all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts