Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay for the past few weeks i have been thinking about selling my '03 R6 black w/red flames. for some reason i want to get the '05 R6 raven. i was just wondering what would my bike be worth all stock with frame sliders and only 5300 miles? i would have to take off all my mods like slip on, pc3, v-stacks, alarm and other things. i had the bike for just over a year. just curious to see what i should post for an asking price in the local paper.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
okay for the past few weeks i have been thinking about selling my '03 R6 black w/red flames. for some reason i want to get the '05 R6 raven. i was just wondering what would my bike be worth all stock with frame sliders and only 5300 miles? i would have to take off all my mods like slip on, pc3, v-stacks, alarm and other things. i had the bike for just over a year. just curious to see what i should post for an asking price in the local paper.
I loved that color scheme... I wish I could have your 03 and my 04 at the same time. That would be sweet.

Not sure what a good value your bike would go for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would guess around $6k to $6500 would be a good price. Guess it really depends if it is already paid off or if you still owe money on it or not. yeah that raven is mighty fine.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
who me said:
it really depends if it is already paid off or if you still owe money on it or not.
i dont owe anything on it. i bought it with cash on hand. i dont like the idea of financing only $8000. i have the title and its clear. a friend of mine is selling his '03 RR for $6000. but his bike went down a few times, rear wheel has a ding in it and has over 11,000 miles on it. his bike looks trashed, he doesnt take good care of his bike. fortunately i take care of my bike. i always get compliments on how clean it is. seems like after every ride i usually end up washing and polishing, just before i park it in the house.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
duuuude...

why not just paint yours? I know there is the couple cool things like the inverted forks and the brakes and the added 3 HP.....and less milage and all that, but for a lot less $$ than buying a new one, you could have the look, or another look...

Personally, I want the all white...I just might have to do that

·
Registered
963 Posts
yeah, I was thinking about selling my r6 to buy a kawasaki ninja 636 in lime green. I was thinking about something from 1999 or 2000 maybe.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
yoda said:
duuuude...

why not just paint yours? I know there is the couple cool things like the inverted forks and the brakes and the added 3 HP.....and less milage and all that, but for a lot less $$ than buying a new one, you could have the look, or another look...

Personally, I want the all white...I just might have to do that
he has a point. I would get differnt plastics from eBay if you decide to paint it. Someone would love to get a full set of the red/balck flame scheme.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actually if i do sell it and get the '05, i was gonna order the black w/red flame fairings. just to be different. i like the raven look but rather have the flames. what caught my eye on the '05 were the brakes and forks. that is about the only reason why i want it.

i guess most of you guys think im "loco" or crazy thinking about selling my '03. well it was just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts