Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My R6 eats ur mom.
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of you out there, I like using a wristband to cover my brake fluid. I know it's supposed to protect it from UV rays or whatever, but I also like how it looks. It's just another opportunity for me to customize my bike by using whatever wristband I want to use. My favorite is a blue Golden State Warriors one. :)

That being said, I have gone through 7 wristbands in the past 2 or 3 months because someone keeps stealing them off my bike. I'll go to grab a bite to eat and come back to no wristband on my bike.

Anyone else ever get their wristband stolen? I was thinking of maybe zip-tying it on there, or maybe just writing a nasty note and taping it inside the wristband, telling these people how f**king stupid theft is. I dunno.

I could just get a carbon fiber cover for the resevoir, but it's like $30. Then again, I've spent that much on wristbands. :mad: :dunce:

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
Mine hasn't been takin yet.. but I live on an air force base and never really stop anywhere when I go for rides. So the few times I have nobody noticed it I guess. Mine is hard to see as well though cause I got the black windscreen and the wristband is black too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Can someone explain the reason for putting a wrist band on the fluid resevior? Protecting the fluid from UV rays?

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
Because 1. The reservoir is ugly 2. The sun breaks down the actual fluid particles making the fluid bad for your brakes. and 3. Because you get to rock some retarded wristband cause it looks cool.

Can someone explain the reason for putting a wrist band on the fluid resevior? Protecting the fluid from UV rays?

·
Registered
166 Posts
1) Take a piss into a plastic bag
2) Buy a cheap wristband
3) Place wristban into piss bag
4) Place piss bag under passenger's seat (in that cubbyhole)
5) Park where you normally get the wristband stolen
6) Place piss-soaked wristband onto brake fluid container
7) ???
8) Profit.

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
1) Take a piss into a plastic bag
2) Buy a cheap wristband
3) Place wristban into piss bag
4) Place piss bag under passenger's seat (in that cubbyhole)
5) Park where you normally get the wristband stolen
6) Place piss-soaked wristband onto brake fluid container
7) ???
8) Profit.

^^^ :lmao:lmao

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Well I guess I am the odd ball - I have a wristband on my gear shifter to protect my shoes.. Cant see putting 100 + toward some boots and I ride mostly in Old Timberlands... Wait a min they cost over a hundred - Dam Dam Dam

·
Do Work!
999 Posts
That can get really annoying...I would park it where i can see it. Then watch for some A-hole to come by and throw a §hit fit.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Well I guess I am the odd ball - I have a wristband on my gear shifter to protect my shoes.. Cant see putting 100 + toward some boots and I ride mostly in Old Timberlands... Wait a min they cost over a hundred - Dam Dam Dam

^^^^^^^^^^Squid

You cant see yourself spending more then $100 to protect your feet? :screwy

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
just take it with you...

·
My R6 eats ur mom.
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if i take it with me, then it defeats the purpose of protecting it against the sun!

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
thats pretty annoying, but also kinda funny!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Because 1. The reservoir is ugly 2. The sun breaks down the actual fluid particles making the fluid bad for your brakes. and 3. Because you get to rock some retarded wristband cause it looks cool.
Good enough reasons for me!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts