Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really bored and didnt like where my pcII sat ontop of the ecu and wanted quick usb hookup sooo here it is.

First start by taking off your seat and tail section.

Wire your pcIII normally but instead were gonna mount it here...under your ecu

Disconnect battery, disconnect ecu and remove. re-rout wires as shown.

If you want (I did) plug in a usb cord and route to your storage under your cowl

Mount here with velcro tape

plug everything up replace ecu

Heres my usb cord for easy acess to my pcIII (just take off cowl and plug into laptop)

Underneath before replacing tail section (looks like it was made for it huh?)

I got 2 more DIY's coming check em out. ( How to smoke or clear red your taillight.. and another option for smog blockoff's)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I Wish I waited to get the Bazzaz.....But it wasnt out when i was ready to buy.Gonna sell the pc soon. Everybody I know thinks its too much$ and say to just keep my pc3, but thw zf1-qs has everything needed mapping and qs for cheaper than buying a pc3, ignition module and the shifter itself.. Are you gonna get the one with tc? I was gonna but read a article in sport rider about it installed on a 1k cbr and said it was faster with it off, and needs really heavy tuning to be able to utilize the tc software.

·
Registered
296 Posts
very slick !! Good thinking. But what do you do if you have to get to the buttons??

DK

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Damn...it's kinda hard to tell where some of that is, but in the end it looks REALLY nice man

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you take off the tail section you will know exactly where to put it. No need to get to the buttons ever as I have the usb hooked up to tune it with a pc. plus it only takes about 5 min to take it off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First is cost.. if you want a quick shifter you gotta buy the pc3, ignition module and the sensor all added up is like 50$ more than the bazzaz and if you want traction control its a option as with the pc3 its not. Second is tuneability, pc3 can only tune wot from 5k on up (not 100% sure... it might be higher) And with the bazzaz you can.. also the bazzaz can tune the secondary injectors again the pc fails in this area... All in all should be able to get a better tune with quick shifter for less money and option to upgrade for TC.

·
2006R6)>-
24 Posts
so checking out the bazzaz website i am confused as hell as to what im looking at.

i see:

z-fi fuel controll unit

z-fi quick shift

z-fi traction controll

and air fuel mapping

so my question is : do i choose one or ther other?? or is their an all in 1??

im assuming from the connections that these just replace the stock ecu??

and also which one would i need?? street POSSIBLY track in future

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ZfI is the injecto contoller

zfI-qs is the above with a quickshifter

zfI qs tc is the above with traction control

Air fuel mapping is a wideband o2 for the autotune feature.

Depends what you need If you just need to map for a exhaust upgrade get the basic zfI if you want added qs get the zfI qs, traction contol is just a waste of time imo unless you only track your bike and do so frequently and put alot of time fine tuning your settings. Autotune is nice but not pefect, spend the money on getting it tuned instead of the wideband.

·
Registered
296 Posts
From what I found is the Bazzaz is more exspensive.
Pc3 controler under $300
bazzaz controler under $400

If you add up the controler+quick shift
pc3 was about $700
bazzaz was over $1000

PC3 doesnt have the ability to tune itself but it gives you all the guages and info to tune it your self. And no traction control.

Bazzaz can tune itself and has traction control.

Ford vs Chevy ???

I have a pc3 and gonna get a stand alone air/fuel mixture gauge that I can put on the dash. Would get me 95% tuned. Dont think a $250 map is worth the last few %. Im not racing so a smooth running strong bike is all I need.

DK

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the PCIII USB only runs a bank of four injectors. The Bazzaz will run up to 8 injectors. '06 and up R6's have 8 injectors. I'm running the PCIII on my '06 with a custom map and have no complaints.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the PCIII USB only runs a bank of four injectors. The Bazzaz will run up to 8 injectors. '06 and up R6's have 8 injectors. I'm running the PCIII on my '06 with a custom map and have no complaints.
You're right - the Bazzaz controls all 8 injectors whereas the PC3 only controls 4.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts