Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went out with my fiance last night to the bowling alley, when we pull in there happens to be a cop right in front of us who parks like this:

Notice he is parked halfway on the sidewalk, in a redzone, and is blocking a fire exit ramp. I understand that redzones are for emergency vehicles which is fine. But, not even 30 feet from where he is parked there is a reserved parking spot which is empty, and was empty for the rest of the night.

Now I am very curious why this guy decided to park like a jackass on the sidewalk. Is it just pure arrogance because he has a badge and can do whatever he wants? I still want to give this guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe something was going down that needed his attention ASAP. This is what was so important:

The sheriffs hang out there to make sure they are not breaking liquor laws. This is what I really cant stand about the mentality of cops. This guy cant park in his reserved spot instead he needs to be a big guy with a badge and park on the sidewalk. Just thought I would rant for a minute.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i dont need pics to understand you. not all but majority of cops are the biggest hypocrites on this planet, sometimes even worse than our politics.
^x2, im right with you on that one man!!

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
i dont need pics to understand you. not all but majority of cops are the biggest hypocrites on this planet, sometimes even worse than our politics.
So I guess you love the criminal elements. Good luck with that. I will take those who serve over those who serve themselves any day of the week. Good luck with that.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
what an idiot same around here too we have that stupid cell phone law where u cant be talking while u are driving yet everytime u see a cop they are on the phone while driving

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
what an idiot same around here too we have that stupid cell phone law where u cant be talking while u are driving yet everytime u see a cop they are on the phone while driving
Good point. But they do have to use radios and cell phones to perform their job.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Good point. But they do have to use radios and cell phones to perform their job.
why dont they have to use blue tooth pieces like we do?

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
why dont they have to use blue tooth pieces like we do?
I'm assuming it would be in the way of them doing their jobs effectively. But I do know that states with cell phone laws exclude the police becuz they use them to perform their duties.

·
Toys are expensive
240 Posts
Agreed! I have to use a phone and a radio almost the whole time when im driving an ambulance. The havent made a bluetooth for the emergency service yet.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
I travel alot as well and im always needing my phone to do work calls all day long, all im saying is the reason the phone thing came into play is so people can keep their hands on the wheel and have one less thing to worry about. Its supposed to keep other people safe isn't that what the police and ambulances are supposed to do? So why not them as well if states are so hell bent on keeping our roads safer?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
thats funny........ he parked there because he can.

i had a good one this morning... i am a manager at my dads business, we recently moved into a brand new large commercial building. we just had our parking lot paved. 80% of the employees work on the road, but once a week we have a company meeting at 7am. so there were over 50 cars parked in the industrial cul-de-sac (we are at the bottom of the cul-de-sac.

so i apparently even though every other business just saw our lot get paved and saw cones blocking our entrance, someone called the cops and said we are refusing to park in our lot.

the officer pulls in when i am helping the guys get out to their first jobs. he pulls up with his light on yelling at me about the trucks...... at that point i saw he DID NOT HAVE A SEAT BELT ON. and we have the new law "click it or ticket". i explained to him the situation and he was a bit a prick, since he just drove out here for nothing. i didn't say anything about the seat belt, but it was pretty funny.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
i got a 280 dollar ticket last night for my liscense plate. cop also tried to tell me that my plate light was illegal even though i got an inspection ticket a few months ago for not having one and his station was the one who signed off on me having a legal liscense plate light. he said it was blue.........its a hyper white led........cops are ass holes and idiots, i would respect them if they followed the laws they enforced and kept their words, but they dont. one cop told me to call him if i got pulled over for anything related to my bike and he said hed help me out, i called him and he said to never mention him or look to him for help i hate cops for a legitimate reason

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
I try to be as nice as i can to cops for financial reasons and FINANCIAL REASONS ONLY. The police officer in this thread is clearing using his job percs to his own benefit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If they were smart enough, they would have a normal job that pays well. I guess that's why the power trip perk is there - shitty pay. At least fireman saves people and do useful things.

the biggest thing is that Detectives actually solves crimes. Cops are like secretary to detectives. They do the dirty work, like being pinched by crack needles from a AIDS infested hobo. No wonder they're always pissed at everyone.

Not all cops are like that though. Just the non-college ******* a*hole cops. I met this cop in Alabama who use to be an University professor (masters) that pulled me over once. He was super cool with us and tried to understand what was going on, instead of pulling the trigger and thinking later. He told us to race in the highway and let us go with a warning. :D

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
If i were a cop i would tazer paytheon...................and take his beautiful bike HAHAHA

·
Registered
160 Posts
so... i'm sure a cop's gonna be on here in a minute to tell his side of the story.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hardly ever post, but here it goes, I’m a cop, #1 the cell phone thing, We take calls from our cell phone when the radio is too busy, or we have personal information that, to your guys benefit does not get put out over the radio so that everyone with a scanner can here it, social security number, criminal history, etc… #2 I cant tell you how many wasted traffic stops I’ve made thinking that I had someone driving drunk and it was just someone on there cell phone. Even though most people can talk and drive safely, there are those that cant and do. #3 Most wouldn’t realize it but if you happen to see a fire start, watch and see who is on scene first, almost always the cops are, why, they don’t have to wait on 10 other guys to get ready and a lot of the times they are already in their car ready to go. #4 the parking at the door thing, yea he probably is taking advantage of his position and there are always going to be cops that do, but its just like any job really, the boss is allowed to come in late or leave whenever he wants etc. I just know that when I’m going to a call, and a serious one, I’m looking to get to that door as fast as I can, I have parked in peoples front yards countless times, did this help me when I had to give CPR to a lady just last week or when I had to pry a beating husband off of his wife a couple years back, maybe not, but I like to think it did. Point being we take a lot of shit for stuff, like parking in some ones yard when it could have been a serious call but was not, yet the time that it is serious we are praised for doing so. #5 Yeah the pay sucks, its not a power trip thing, its pride, I’m very proud of what I do and I wouldn’t give it up for anything.

And I know someone is still going to bash me for this.

·
Raven got its makeover
508 Posts
Bravo for good cops, glad you;re on here riding with us and not against us :swordfigh

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.