Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Ride safe people.

If this is the shit you have in your mind while riding you shouldn't be riding.

R.I.P

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wreck happened right in front of my Grandparents Neighborhood. The entrance I take every time I go there.

·
Track Aficionado
1,184 Posts
Sure, the rider had to be speeding, right? It couldn't have been the fact that those people probably made a turn without looking?

Reminds me of the new look twice commercials...

·
Track Aficionado
1,184 Posts
Cagers obviously don't realize how exposed and vulnerable motorcyclists are.

We're always looking for doors swinging open, idiots merging into our lane without looking, idiots making turns without regard to our right-away and current speed, etc. With texting in the equation nowadays, which has become an epidemic, navigating a motorcycle through the street is the equivalent of navigating through the gauntlet of death.

On a lighter note, since there's so many motorcyclists in SoCal, be it Sportbikes or Cruisers, I think we have it good out here, and cagers seem quite accustomed to sharing the road with us. In fact, I find that most cagers on the freeway and street will actually slightly veer to the left or right, allowing me to move ahead of traffic, and don't seem bothered or startled by lane-splitting.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts

We're always looking for doors swinging open, idiots merging into our lane without looking, idiots making turns without regard to our right-away and current speed, etc. With texting in the equation nowadays, which has become an epidemic, navigating a motorcycle through the street is the equivalent of navigating through the gauntlet of death.

On a lighter note, since there's so many motorcyclists in SoCal, be it Sportbikes or Cruisers, I think we have it good out here, and cagers seem quite accustomed to sharing the road with us. In fact, I find that most cagers on the freeway and street will actually slightly veer to the left or right, allowing me to move ahead of traffic, and don't seem bothered or startled by lane-splitting.
:werd

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts

Some people in NY are like that, they must either be riders or riders at some point, I can't tell you how many people have actually blocked me so I can't move forward in traffic.

My buddy told me had a guy open a door on him once, what he did was ride right up to the door and he couldn't close it...

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
Louisville, Ky. (WHAS11) - Police say a motorcyclist killed in a South Louisville crash may have been speeding.

It happened around 6:45 Monday night on National Turnpike near Old Towne Road.

Police say 24-year-old Justin Clark's motorcycle hit a car that was turning onto National Turnpike.

Clark was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two people in the car were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
thats scary seen my real name is Justin C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts