Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this about 5 minutes ago, seems kind of handy if you're on a road trip or don't have the money for a rear stand. I'm considering one for the front wheel since I already have a rear stand.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
... forgetting something? :lmao

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
12,482 Posts
Not worth it.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
milk crates are handier :fact

i use my milk crates for front/rear stands :lmao

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just thinking for when I wash the bike, it'll make it easier to clean the front wheel.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much is a good front stand? What is better to have? The kind that goes in the steering stem or the one that your forks sit on? Do they make ones that give you the option to do both?

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
How much is a good front stand? What is better to have? The kind that goes in the steering stem or the one that your forks sit on? Do they make ones that give you the option to do both?
they both work just as good as the other but the one that goes in the steering stem will allow you to remove the forks

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's what I figured. I don't know how often I'd be doing that but I guess if I'm gonna get a stand then I should get one I can do almost any job on, not just replace a tire.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,256 Posts
My front stand is the type that goes under the forks. When I need to remove the forks (or adjust the height for tire sizes) I just use a rear stand and place a floor jack with a 1 x 2 board under the headers and lift the front off the ground. It works fine. The ones that go up the stering stem can sometimes be a PITA on ram air bikes because the ducts are in the way on some bikes. But that is just my opinion. The steering stem ones work fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts