Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the sympathy post, but I didn't want to go respond to all the other threads...and I know y'all are nice, caring, folks... :hug

This week started so good, break in period done, Jardine Can came in, rear hugger installed, the whole "girlfriend taking the next step" BS!...she called it all off this morning.

So, I went from engaged to single in about 12 hours...tells me we are too different, yet she loves me and wants to marry me, but needs to take a step back to go forward, so we break up? I don't get it. I love her, but this shit is done...no, I won't take a step back to move forward....I just move forward. Besides, she didn't much care for the 6...

God this sucks....

Oh, and yeah, I was ready to leave work at about 8:02 this morning... :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well im not sure if your lookin for sympathy, support, or kick her to the curb and move on kinda thing, so ill give ya this.

i hope it all works out for in the end for ya. and dont let her say that crap about i gotta go backwards to go forward BS. if it aint rainin tomorow man im up for comin up there and ridin. just PM me some time tonight so i can be ready for it.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
yoda said:
Sorry for the sympathy post, but I didn't want to go respond to all the other threads...and I know y'all are nice, caring, folks... :hug

This week started so good, break in period done, Jardine Can came in, rear hugger installed, the whole "girlfriend taking the next step" BS!...she called it all off this morning.

So, I went from engaged to single in about 12 hours...tells me we are too different, yet she loves me and wants to marry me, but needs to take a step back to go forward, so we break up? I don't get it. I love her, but this shit is done...no, I won't take a step back to move forward....I just move forward. Besides, she didn't much care for the 6...

God this sucks....

Oh, and yeah, I was ready to leave work at about 8:02 this morning... :cuss :cuss :cuss
She might have gotten freaked out over the whole engagement thing. Women react very strangley to stuff at random times. They are women after all so there is no rhyme or reason to shit. Maybe getting the motorcycle made her think about what would happen if something happened to you on it and it spooked her. I know my wife FREAKED out about a month ago cuz I hadn't finished painting the nursery. Totally out of the blue. it was getting done bit by bit after work each night but that wasn't good enough.

I don't know what to tell ya man except for 1, ya, it hurts like shit when you got your heart out there and something like this happens. don't go out drinkin to hide from it either. I've been doing that since Jan 3rd and its taken a pretty good toll on me. 2, give it some time. she may be getting shit in her head together about something she didn't even realize bothered her. keep in touch with her, don't smother her and just help her to figure out what is going on.

Anyways bro, keep your head up. things have a way of working out for the best. and if you need to talk, PM me, or hit me up on MSN @ penfold @ hot mail . com

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I feel your pain man...Women are stange creatures, Pen said it best maybe she's just got some shit goin on she aint told you about. But Things get better. They always do. As long as you got ur 6 and a couple of boys to roll with you'll be fine till she (A) gets her shit together and comes runnin back or (B) like you said before, she realizes ya'll are too different and then, in that case she did you a favor. It sucks some serious ass, i know, but things always get better.

ONE LUV

Stick to the 6 she won't do you wrong ever.

·
( o Y o )
62 Posts
Sorry about that dude that really sucks....but always think of the positive...

-less shit to worry about
-more money for other things like, .....like the 6

my .02,

good luck bro

seth

·
Registered
953 Posts
i know it sucks and yeah, but hey bikes are better anyway.

don't ride if your not in control of your emtions. that's my advice.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey , thanks guys...

Actually, I wasn't looking for sympathy, or anything more than a vent! Been sitting her all day stewing over the BS she sent me, and the EMAIL that she wrote...

Last night I was sooo pissed, BUT I was on the bike, so, I didn't leave. I know better than that...be about the time I would do something stupid..

I would have to say that I don't think the "commitment" was a scary thing for her...hell...she asked me to marry her :cheers but I do think that she lost her "independence" and she all of a sudden realized she has to think of 2 people, not just herself. All the fighting and issues started when she couldn't just leave town, make plans, hang with the girls, go on business trips, without at least informing me..hell, I could care less if she went, but damn, at least let me know!! Then the little things started piling up, and she finally blew the lid. She is a very "mean"
person in an arguement...isn't satisfied until she has cut me down, thrown my pst in my face...all that glorious stuff. And the fact I just sat there and didn't say anything pissed her off. She went to bed, I didn't...and this morning, she left.

BUT....y'all are right..more time and money for the 6!! And women can be summed up in one word: NEXT! :) sorry, I know I am all talk! haha

anyway, thanks all for the comments...it is hard, it sucks, I loved her more than anything, and still do. I wanted her to be the one...thought she was...but things change I guess.

Lok - thanks man...we will have to hook up, but I actually have plans Saturday with some friends...the party will be one short now, but I will still keep my plans with them. I am hoping the rain holds out...I could use a little bike time!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can totally relate, man. I've had the same shit happen also. I look back now, a year and a half later, and I can't even imagine being married to her. Besides, my new girl is much better. :hump

And she digs my R6 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dude, sorry things did not work out as you planned. You did the right thing by sitting there quietly, and not letting the argument escalate out of control. Even though she did leave, don't blame yourself.

Kick it with some cool friends, and try to forget for a while. Good luck bro, Keep ya head up :!:

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Good show. Women tend to over blow everything (except the Pen15).
Deal with her gently and if she comes back be prepared to except her or not.

Keep that level head that you seem to have (not riding when pissed) and you'll come out of this better then you went it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I feel your pain dude. I think we've all been there. Take heart though.. mine acutally married me before she got squirrely!!!

Just take it as it comes and listen to your head as well as your heart, and sooner or later it'll all work out the way it should

:cheers

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo yoda i'm feelin ur pain, but be strong and u'll come out of it stronger, thats all i can say

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
You''ll be fine dude, at least you got your R6 (the other lady)

And better yet, you two are not married not have any kids, that could complicate things a little more sometimes.

I guess I had a similar scenario happened where my ex still wanted to keep partying and the difference is, we have a boy together and been a single dad for 2 years now. And she has been in and out of jail.

It will always work out for the best bro!

:cheers

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Lok - thanks man...we will have to hook up, but I actually have plans Saturday with some friends...the party will be one short now, but I will still keep my plans with them. I am hoping the rain holds out...I could use a little bike time!
cool man seein as how its easter weekend thats pretty understandable. just hit me up a bit before a weekend ya can and ill seeif i can make it. :cheers

hope everything still works out for ya :drink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts