Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT IS THE GENERAL CONSENUS ON AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST FROM ALL YOU EXPERIENCED TYPES OUT THERE? I SEE THAT IT IS NOT CHEAP BUT IS IT WORTH THE CHING A GUY SHELLS OUT FOR IT? LET ME KNOW WHAT CHA THINK! :?:

·
Registered
274 Posts
from what I've heard its great and it gives you extra HP, but not as load as the others out there.
It all depends on what your preferences are.
Do you want performance or do you want appearance (looks/sound wise)
First figure out what you want from your exhaust, then decide from there.
IMO i have enough power to play with, Id rather go with the appearance. (BlueFlame)

·
Registered
836 Posts
They are really sweet pipes... a bit quieter than some of the ones like Blueflame or Devil.

Build quality of the ones I have seen is top notch, and from what I have heard the performance gains are pretty good. I have ridden a '99 racebike with a full Akra and it had a pretty smooth power delivery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A friend of mine has a full evolution system on his Kawasaki 6RR and he loves it. It might not be as loud as other pipes out there but it sounds good in my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Akra is a good pipe. I run a Yosh slip right now but when i can afford it I'm gonna go with a full Akra. Its not as loud as the yosh or micron's but then again I don't really care about the noice.
Like Malice said it really depends on what you want. Do you want performance or looks/sound. If you want sound the Microns sound great on the r6's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry about the tripple post. The forum does not like me :hammer
:stupic

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about thier pipes/systems.

crash25 said:
sorry about the tripple post. The forum does not like me :hammer
:stupic
thus the reason for the delete option right after you post. It shows up next to the Quote button in the top right corner of the post. :hammer

Just an FYI.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THANKS FOR THE INFO E'RBODY. THE 00 I BOUGHT HAD THE FULL AKRA EXHAUST ON IT ALREADY AND HE BRAGGED IT UP PRETTY GOOD. SO I JUST WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM YOU GUYS IS ALL. ALSO CAME WITH CHROME RIMS :mrgreen:

NOW WOULD ANYBODY BE ABLE TO DESCRIBE SLIDE STOPS TO ME....... :stupic

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO NO, NO ENDOS OR FRONT WHEELIES IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ENGINE PERFORMANCE IN SOME OF THE THREADS THAT I HAVE READ HERE.........BUT NOT ENUF WAS SAID ABOUT THEM TO CLUE ME IN...........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Slide Stops? I think you mean power slides. These are not that hard but I recommend you practice them at a slower speed first.
Find a parking lot (one with a small amount of dirt will help you get the idea @ almost no speed) get up to like 5 mile and hour and lock up the rear brake just as you begin to turn. I usually slide to my right so I start to make a left hand turn and lock up the rear end. Be VER VERY VERY careful you can highside the shit out of your self trying these. I've watched my buddy highside him self 3 times trying these. Also once you get in the slide try and keep your weight more to the inside of the slide and don't let off the brake till you stop. Otherwise thats were the high side will get you the most.
As any other stunt start off very slow and with some patience and practice you will get were you want. To fast = broken bones and bike.
Have fun and be safe!!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok, maybe since i dont know what it is i should find the link that inspired the question and then we can go from there. i know it is not something you do on a bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Capslock? what do you mean deltaonex? I didn't think my grammer was that bad?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Akra?

Supposed to be good, i think they are expensive for a reason.

·
Registered
995 Posts
everyone knows how i feel about these pipes :bow

1 - 20 of 31 Posts