Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 R6 that had the full Graves Ti system but the can is trashed. I put the stock back on for now but its running pig rich and now Im wondering what i should do. Buy a new Graves can, retune, do a custom shorty, or what. The Graves headers are fine and i could use some opinions on what would be the best looking/sounding/performing option. Thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
since you already have a graves headers call graves and explain your situation, they will be able to help you out. Other wise find a slip that will work for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was gonna just put the stock back on and cut the can but I went ahead and called graves and decided to go ahead and just buy a new shorty can. I'll try to post pics or a vid when I install it next week. Thanks guys

·
Iwakuni Binjo Bomber
156 Posts
I am looking to make the R6 run smoother down in the low r's.

I was thinking of removing the CAt and maintaining the stock slip-on.

Has anyone tried a CAT removed setup with the stock EXUP?

·
Registered
158 Posts
buy another graves pipe:screwy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention in my original post I wasn't looking to spend a lot but I just made some extra money and bought a new can from graves. (3 posts up) I wanted a shorty as well which was making me think I should just put on the stock exhaust, cut the can, and then retune. So a bunch of hard worked hours later, and a cpl hundred dollars poorer :eek5..... I have a shorty ti graves can on the way. :toocool:

buy another graves pipe:screwy

·
rippin it
122 Posts
i have no cat , but actually i bought it used and dont think that it has been re tuned.
it shoots flames and smells a little , no visual smoke or anything like that. and when its cold , i live in maine it stalls sometimes once. never twice. i start it, it dies and the next time you start it , it goes. i have an an 05 with a micron system

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my can last week and was all excited and ready to put it on but it didnt fit. Graves sent me a can that I guess is for their newer generation 03-05 ti systems which only has a 2.25" in/outlet can where as my older version has 2.5" in/out. They're gonna send me the proper one and it wont be a shorty :thumbdown but it will still be great to have more power :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts