Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, lets try this again. You guys shot me down on my last inquiry on a bike i was interested in buying.

My last thread: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4375585#post4375585

What do you guys think of this one...

2008 r6 with 1,500 miles, shes asking 3200. Why so cheap? What can you guys spot? It looks like its got an engine cage, maybe its a stunt bike? Idk help me out. THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
My first thought is whether that;s a factory color scheme for 2008. google isn't helping too much at the moment.

What's the mileage? Have you seen it in person yet?

WIthout knowing anything else, it seems like it's a good deal. But It's pretty easy to shine up a beat up bike and make it look nice in pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I accidentally ran into this exact color scheme while reading the stickies in General Discussion like 5 minutes ago. The first reply to this thread, the guy has his bike as his signature its the same exact bike almost. I included the mileage in the OP, its 1,500 miles on the ODO. I haven't seen it in person, she lives in the east coast.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122950

·
Track junkie wanna be
124 Posts
It is not a factory color from what I remember. I might be wrong though.
Last time I saw something like this was when the reason for selling was the owner stopped paying on the loan for the bike and was trying to get rid of it before the repo man came. If they have the title and its free and clear, then look at the usual things. If it runs and rides like it should then you might be have a good deal. You could just ask them why they are selling it at that low of a price. If you have not seen the bike in person it could be a scam. Bike is located elsewhere but will ship it you after a deposit or something.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D DEEZY has the same bike it seems. Check his profile click the "About me" tab.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/member.php?u=33688

Title is clear. She doesn't know i don't live near her. She told me to tell her a city where we can both meet so that i could check out the bike, and shes asking me when am i available. Seems like shes 100% okay with us meeting and me checking the bike out, shes even insisting it. I'm afraid to ask why shes selling it so cheap because then she might reconsider and/or i lose negotiating her even lower lol.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
I doubt they are the originals base on this http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100571&highlight=deezy+fairings and the fact his is an 07 and this http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160377

Who knows, it may be a great deal, but I would be cautious. The seller may have wrecked and replaced the fairings. That's not saying that there is anything wrong with the bike mechanically. It may have just been cosmetic and they wanted it to look good again.

Also, gauges with low mileage can be bought on ebay and this forum. Just saying

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt they are the originals base on this http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100571&highlight=deezy+fairings and the fact his is an 07 and this http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160377

Who knows, it may be a great deal, but I would be cautious. The seller may have wrecked and replaced the fairings. That's not saying that there is anything wrong with the bike mechanically. It may have just been cosmetic and they wanted it to look good again.
Oh okay so he actually replaced his fairings. I see. Title could be clear if they crashed it and never reported it.

Also the repo idea that was presented by "grinchsr6" is a good one i think. She used to be from California and recently got a divorce, sold the house, and moved back in with her parents on the east coast. The bike could have been under her husbands name and she took it home with her, stopped paying the payments, husbands credit turned into shit (revenge) and now shes trying to make a few thousand on the bike.

But this would mean that she doesn't have the pink slip in hand, correct? And if i buy the bike with no pink slip and I'm from California, then i could get busted for GTA loll, until of course i prove my innocence.

·
stuntin
736 Posts
Oh okay so he actually replaced his fairings. I see. Title could be clear if they crashed it and never reported it.

Also the repo idea that was presented by "grinchsr6" is a good one i think. She used to be from California and recently got a divorce, sold the house, and moved back in with her parents on the east coast. The bike could have been under her husbands name and she took it home with her, stopped paying the payments, husbands credit turned into shit (revenge) and now shes trying to make a few thousand on the bike.

But this would mean that she doesn't have the pink slip in hand, correct? And if i buy the bike with no pink slip and I'm from California, then i could get busted for GTA loll, until of course i prove my innocence.
Don't buy it without title in hand. I have made that mistake and will never do it again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey man if you pass on it i'll drive out and buy it lol. I could use a 2nd r6 as a track bike. Even if those arent original fairings and the bike runs good i'd still scoop it. you can't touch 06's with teenage miles for under 4 grand here in PA so worst case you sell it for a couple hundred over. But as mentioned before in this thread. If the title is shady just shake hands and pass on it. Not worth all the bullshit that can come to be in title work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Id ask for the VIN. PM it to me and Ill run it through my contacts.
Bike is worth $3k in parts... If the vin is clean Id offer $1500 and part that bitch out.
So she's smart then lol if that really is the case with the repo business she's selling it for the right amount a couple hundred over. Man if i wasn't in california i would snag it, no ones gona find the bike in a different state. If of course that really is the case. I'm hoping everything is legit and its just a badass deal, but it seems to good to be true. And usually when its too good to be true, it actually is.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
That isn't a factory color, I do not remember any pearl white 08 r6's.
Its got a crash cage which isn't odd some people assume its better protection.
The exposed parts of the engine look to be in great shape.
The windscreen appears to be an OEM tented screen.

If it's a title on hand Id take that shit for 3k no doubt! you could flip it else where for 5 or 6k

·
Reads the rulez
2,250 Posts
Seems legit. I'd blindly send them a money order through Western Union without ever seeing it first hand.

Who knows, maybe their Nigerian uncle just died and they inherited a lot of money and don't care about getting the most money possible from selling it. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now seeing the milage, and knowing it's in CA which is notorious for high bike prices, this seems super sketchy to me. It may turn out to be legit, but definitely pay attention to every little detail when you go check it out.
It isn't in California its in North Carolina.

Thanks for the info fellas, ill try to grab it and report back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
in to see if this is legit. Looks a little too good to be true.
Everything looks super clean from the pics. If its a crashed bike they at least made it look really nice again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.