Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to take the next step if possible to upgrade my 08 R6. So far I've done -1 tooth rear sprocket wit 520 chain, shorai battery, ECU flash, k&n air filter, k&n oil filter, smog block off plates, speedo healer, full m4 exhaust, suspension tuned and aftermarket fairings.
Pretty sure that's it. I was thinking about velocity stacks?? Not 100% sure the performance behind them if any but came across them on some research.
Any ideas on what to do next? First track day is June 26th at NYST. I'd like to turn my bike into a track bike not 100% so I can still ride the Twisties.
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’ve read mixed reviews. Some people love them, others dog on them hard. I’ll say people that like them do tend to have them however.

The biggest thing is to temper expectations; the name velocity stacks makes me think they’re a game changer with a significant power increase. 1-3hp is a realistic expectation. I’ve read that they used to be considered reasonably priced from a dollar-to-hp perspective, but in 2022 everything is overpriced so maybe not so much now.

You should re-tune the ECU to get the benefit from them, which depending on your guy could cost more money. As part of a progressive overhaul/upgrade of parts, I personally think there’s upside to getting them as each hp adds up.

Bottom line, get them, tune the ECU again, and send it! Money is becoming more and more worthless, and you can’t spend it when you’re gone or if the ex-wife tries to take half. Follow me for more financial advice, including how to file for bankruptcy and manage motorcycle parts related divorces.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,451 Posts
I think my stock activation is at 12500 rpm. Never messed with rpm points lets alone changed to aftermarket.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You’ve done the main ones I can think of straight power wise. Motion Pro throttle. Decreasing weight would help too. Lighter wheels, removing unnecessary/no longer used parts. Then there’s things that can put you in a better position to be quicker like rear sets, extended clip-ons, ZG Corsa windscreen or similar. Improve braking power/consistency with SS brake lines and upgraded pads for consistent brake performance.

Ok thanks everyone. Is there another upgrade I can do other than the velocity stacks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts