Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im concerned about the way my bike act after taking out the carbs to do some exterior cleaning and lubrication . The starting is fine but as soon i give it some throttle while moving it bogging on me. Is it carb related issue or anything else?.

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Vacuum leak. Double check the intake and airbox boots to all be tight. Knock a screwdriver on the carb bowls in case a foat is stuck

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vacuum leak. Double check the intake and airbox boots to all be tight. Knock a screwdriver on the carb bowls in case a foat is stuck
i did that but no progress, still the same. one thing i noticed when i started it is that the 3 way pipe connected to the fuel pump was leaking a bit of gas. after that i decided to disassemble the carbs anyway but honestly they were decently clean from inside.

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
i did that but no progress, still the same. one thing i noticed when i started it is that the 3 way pipe connected to the fuel pump was leaking a bit of gas. after that i decided to disassemble the carbs anyway but honestly they were decently clean from inside.
Did you remove the jets and try cleaning those also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts