Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so just had the problem right now

2006 R6S

i was shifting up and i released the throttle and proceeded to pull in the clutch to shift gears but i noticed that after i released the throttle, the power in the bike continued for about two seconds and THEN went away. so i can hear the revving that happens when you pull in the clutch with the throttle applied.

basically the throttle reacts two seconds late.. (when being released) i never had this happen before

any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope. i bought the bike sunday tho. should i just take it to a mechanic?
it only happened for the first time today (i've been riding it nonstop since sunday) and the trip where it happened, it was occuring like 50% of the time that i was testing it (shifting)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
if you just bought it i would not touch anything, and if you do tell your dealer you didnt touch anything.
I would have them look at it, that could end very badly for you if the throttle gets stuck one day, try to keep fiddling with your throttle to see if it was the actual lever that stuck or the TPS like someone stated above. I would think you may just need some lube one the throttle or something, but like i said, if its brand new from dealer id have them look at it, should be free with the bike so new.

·
Banned
7,324 Posts
could just need some throttle cable lube or the handle grip is sticking.

but the 2nd gens DON'T have the fly by wire throttle. it has the 2nd cable that will manually close the throttle.

if it revs even after you forcefully close the throttle it might have a vacuum leak somewhere.
such as the throttle bodies came loose from the intake boots.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,924 Posts
My bet is if it isn't an overtightened bar end that is gripping the throttle tube it's either a dirty cable that needs lubed or the cable is in a bind possibly due to routing. If it's the routing you will notice it sticking more if you turn the bars a certain way. if it does it all the time regardless more than likely either the bar end or cable needs cleaning, but normally if the cable is so bad that is really needs cleaned and is getting caught up you will feel some grittyness as you are turning the throttle.

So....
If it hangs when turning the bars= cable binding due to its routing
If cable feels even slightly gritty when turning= clean cable or replace
If it does it regardless, more than likely an over tightened bar end whose gromet is gripping the inner portion of the throttle tube.

I would start with those first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.